6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made some grips for my redhawk this time. Wood is Macassar ebony, kinda muted for this wood but they still have nice color. My own finish, which is just about perfect for something you really need to hold onto and its not shiney at all.
Revolver grips are much harder to make and fit well but these Im really happy with the fit, it just takes a little longer than say a set of 1911 panels.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Water Gun accessory

Plant Wood Grey Flooring Beige

Wood String instrument accessory Automotive exterior Musical instrument accessory String instrument

Revolver Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

Wood Bicycle part Bicycle saddle Musical instrument accessory Bicycle handlebar

Revolver Bicycle part Air gun Gun barrel Wood

I really like these, especially on the Redhawk. Enjoy.

·
Administrator
22,789 Posts
To borrow a line from a Roger Moore 007 movie: "She's very sexiful."

Reactions: BillB

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank y'all. Glad you like them.

Working on some Gaboon Ebony 1911 grips right now. I wish I had better checkering tools, and knew how to use them better too.

·
Super Moderator
1,832 Posts
Looks real nice next to the metal!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank ya tick. Thats actually what got me itchin to make a nice set of grips for it, I had just finished a complete disassembly, down to the very last screw,plunger and spring, a good cleaning, stoned the trigger sear (yes, I have all of the proper jigs and stones and most importantly the knowledge or at least enough to make me dangerous 😉) polishing all metal to metal contact points, new spring kit from Bowen, and finally reassembly and using a grey Scotchbrite pad rigged up on my benchtop grinder I did a complete refinish of the entire gun. It came out fantastical too, though hard to photagraph. Over on the Ruger forum I got alot of great advice about how to go about the refinish.

I like my Redhawk, I can fire all of the full house 44magnum level loads I want in it, and I do and dont have to worry too much about beating the heck out of my S&W m29. I like shooting magnum loads in a magnum handgun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts