6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went home for lunch and waiting for me in my mailbox was a new shiny and ported stainless match storm lake barrel for my 5" tactical xd.45 ... its 5.71" oal and has 2 ports...

I was wondering what break in procedure I should use ????

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Nice barrel choice. Check for fit and function, I understand some of their barrels may require fitting? If fit and function are a go, then assemble, lube the barrel and pistol, then shoot. A light, very light almost dry coat of oil in the barrel before firing isn't a bad idea. You may do some of Tim_W's drills of racking the slide for a while. I'd clean the barrel a little more often when new, especially if you see any copper fouling. That's a nice barrel so I doubt you'll see much fouling. Some may differ, but I don't think handgun barrels need the same break-in that a high line match rifle does.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS BUDDY....

I am assuming it fits as it was fitted before sending and is a direct drop-in... they say they should fit 90% of that particular model... so I gues ill know its not fitted if my shots are poor.... after getting this barrel my want for a 1911 went away... now just need an extended ambi mag release and a slight decrease in trigger pull... maybe a ghost ring sight... this puppy is done

1 - 3 of 3 Posts