6.8 SPC Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Saw a single box of 200gr 10mm XTP projectiles at carter country on I-10, also had lighter XTP's too both in 40/10mm and 9mm. They also had Accurate #7. I left it all for the next guy since I have plenty.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
110 Grain TSX

Anyone interested in splitting a 500 count order of Barnes 110 Grain TSX. I tested 50 rounds today and they were very accurate out of my 18" barrel running around 2540 FPS with 29.5 Grains of H322 on Federal Brass and CCI 450 primers.
They are on sale for $202 fro 500 at Shooters Pro Shop and I would like to split an order with someone.
Note - they did not do well out of my 12.5" barrel

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
10 ring has aa2200 and lt32. Also 120 SST, 110 hpbt, 115 CC, 110 vmax. Those are the highlights, they have some good pistols bullets too.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
There bullet prices are high! Found the same bullets at Carter's for $10 less. Speer 35cal 200gr bullet.
After seeing for myself the profit margins for gun stuff I can understand why prices are so different. It is hard enough running a small business and small profit margins doesn't help. That is why I try to help the little guy if I can and get part of my supply to keep them in business, especially when they show an extended effort to keep the good stuff in stock and keep that LGS feel.

To give you an example typical profit on a Glock 17 at the gun show is about $20. Same is across the board. I can understand staying competive but $20 in profit is just bad for business and drives down everybody's profit. That is why manufacturer approved dealers have a minimum advertised price, but most don't follow that. That same small profit is the same on online pricing too.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Carters country on I10 has .277 120 SST projectiles, 10mm 200 xtp projectiles, and plenty of 22lr including CCI SV.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Any of y'all shoot clays? Skeet, trap, 5-stand, sporting clays, whatever... I shoot sporting clays almost every Sunday in Conroe. Would be fun to shoot with some of y'all.
Outdoor shooting range on 2854? Man, everytime I drive by that place it is rockin'

Anybody here interested in a DPMS lr-308 stripped lower? new in the bag never assembled? Only face to face though looking 150.00 it does have a blem but was coated over from factory.. didn't notice til after I got home with it.. I have decided not to go nexgen because of all my other projects.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Outdoor shooting range on 2854? Man, everytime I drive by that place it is rockin'

Anybody here interested in a DPMS lr-308 stripped lower? new in the bag never assembled? Only face to face though looking 150.00 it does have a blem but was coated over from factory.. didn't notice til after I got home with it.. I have decided not to go nexgen because of all my other projects.

I go to Creekwood on 105. What range is on 2854?

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have a idea, how about us in Houston/surrounding areas put a link to this thread in our signature so it is super easy to find. That way when we find something local to post it can easily be done.

I will start it off.
I just recently joined the 68forum and now found this thread. I don't yet reload, but I'm definitely up for helping fellow Houstonians out in whatever way I can. I'm over on the westside (Westheimer & Kirkwood area).

I'm a Deputy Constable that is currently disabled (been in a wheelchair for the last three years) from an on-duty crash and still recovering. I've got a membership at Athena Gun Club and shoot there a couple times a week and can take a guest when I go--gratis. If you've ever wanted to check the place out, just let me know.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I just recently joined the 68forum and now found this thread. I don't yet reload, but I'm definitely up for helping fellow Houstonians out in whatever way I can. I'm over on the westside (Westheimer & Kirkwood area).

I'm a Deputy Constable that is currently disabled (been in a wheelchair for the last three years) from an on-duty crash and still recovering. I've got a membership at Athena Gun Club and shoot there a couple times a week and can take a guest when I go--gratis. If you've ever wanted to check the place out, just let me know.
We are glad you are here. I am a member at the American Shooting Center and can also bring a guest. There are ranges out to 600 yards.
I reload and if you ever want to see what is entailed in reloading I would be glad to demo the process over at my house. I live about 35 minutes away from you in Rosenberg.

·
Registered
379 Posts
We are glad you are here. I am a member at the American Shooting Center and can also bring a guest. There are ranges out to 600 yards.
I reload and if you ever want to see what is entailed in reloading I would be glad to demo the process over at my house. I live about 35 minutes away from you in Rosenberg.
It's been a while since I've been to ASC and I am pretty certain the setup isn't very wheelchair-friendly--at least not the last time I was there, which was over a decade ago. But I've definitely got some rifles I'd like to wring out at longer ranges than is possible at any indoor range. The time will come and I'll be out of this chair.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts

Good to have ya. I really don't shoot at public or member type ranges anymore. Got spoiled with private ranges, get to do what I want when I want and don't have to look over my shoulder at range bozo's.

·
Premium Member
10,536 Posts
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.