6.8 SPC Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started a group area for H town folks. Can use that discussion area for updates about our next shoot or what ever.

Be on here for three years and just found the Group discussion on Community tab. Lets use it for local get together, networking powder search, hog hunts, ect...

·
Registered
689 Posts
Great idea! Thanks.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
I don't know how the mods feel about it, but it would be nice to get others in on a haz mat order. That way I don't have to order 1k in powder and primers to make it worth it.

I was thinking post "haz mat order! Anybody want in?". If someone wants in just PM the OP with either a email or phone to work out the details. This way we keep group buying away from the forum and not their responsibility. Just a way to get others on your order.

Is this OK with the powers that be????? Jamesb74:)

·
Registered
689 Posts
WASSMAN, that was my thoughts exactly. Thatt would be really nice. Sorry I couldn't make the group shoot last month, hopefully next time. Looking forward to meeting some of y'all and sharing knowledge.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I would be in on group buy for powders. I am also willing to demo my rifles for other members in our area and to allow them to try the rifles for themselves. One of the advantages of being retired is that I have the time to do this.

I currently have the following in my battery:
LWRC 6.8 SPC DMR 18" barrel - Zeiss Conquest 3x9 Scope
LWRC 6.8 SPC M6A2 16" barrel - Zeiss Conquest 3x9 Scope
Wilson Combat Build 12.5" Barrel - 3x ACOG
6.8 SPC Pistol 8.5" Bison barrel - EoTech 512 - Sig Brace
LWRC 16" REPR 308 - Viper PST 4x16 Scope
Springfield M1A Scout - Leupold LER 2x8 Scope
US Auto Weapons AR15 - ARP 223 Wylde Barrel - Nikon 223 3x9 Scope.

I have bought some rifles that I would have not purchased if I had tried them first. It is very useful to be able to compare scopes side by side too. The reticle really makes a big difference in the choice of a scope.
I am a member at Bayou Rifles and can bring up to guests along. The ranges go out to 1000 yards.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Ten Ring off of Jones Rd received a large order of powder. They have had 2200 sitting on the shelf for a while. No 1200.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Ten Ring off of Jones Rd received a large order of powder. They have had 2200 sitting on the shelf for a while. No 1200.
What are they asking for 2200 now?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What powders everyone looking for, lets make a list.. If someone sees it report it. I am interested in the 2200 at ten ring, I have never been their but if anyone else wants it Ill go buy up the stock and divi it out to who needs it. that may not work out so well as ten ring probably closer for everyone else. but if someone else gets near their Ill take an 8lb jug. we can work out details in pm's.
Keep and eye out for 1680..Whos going to Conroe show...

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
What powders everyone looking for, lets make a list.. If someone sees it report it. I am interested in the 2200 at ten ring, I have never been their but if anyone else wants it Ill go buy up the stock and divi it out to who needs it. that may not work out so well as ten ring probably closer for everyone else. but if someone else gets near their Ill take an 8lb jug. we can work out details in pm's.
Keep and eye out for 1680..Whos going to Conroe show...
Sign up for the 10-Ring emails. They list the powders they have in stock usually on Friday afternoons. You can call in and pay for a powder and pick it up later as they powders they have usually sell out quick. I took a nap yesterday and missed the Varget I am looking for. They often have AA2200. They also have a swap meet every two months. Last time I bought SSA 110 HPBT for $12.50 a box from a guy that had sold his 6.8. I also scored a pound of 4064 for $25.
They will tell you in the emails when they have a swap meet.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Sign up for the 10-Ring emails. They list the powders they have in stock usually on Friday afternoons. You can call in and pay for a powder and pick it up later as they powders they have usually sell out quick. I took a nap yesterday and missed the Varget I am looking for. They often have AA2200. They also have a swap meet every two months. Last time I bought SSA 110 HPBT for $12.50 a box from a guy that had sold his 6.8. I also scored a pound of 4064 for $25.
They will tell you in the emails when they have a swap meet.
If you need some Varget I have a new 8lb jug I can share with you.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
I have a idea, how about us in Houston/surrounding areas put a link to this thread in our signature so it is super easy to find. That way when we find something local to post it can easily be done.

I will start it off.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.