6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i am doing a little shopping fore a new scope fore my 6.8 and came across this horus Hawk 3-12x50 Non-Illuminated Hunting Scope http://www.horusvision.com/hawk.php. has any one used them ? if so what do you think of them and what mounts did you use with one.
to me they look good for the price they are at about the high end of my spending envelope
thanks fore any info

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I had one to try out when they first came out. They are very light. I really like the Horus reticles. Some people think they are too busy, but I don't After a while, you don't even notice it. The glass was pretty good on them and the ballistic program you get with it is outstanding. For the money, it is one of the better scopes out there. I used a Larue SPR mount I had.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one elts have any thees on thees scopes ?? i am going to be getting my optics for the x-treme and for a SPR in the future

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have this optic on my Ar-15 SPR. I LOVE this optic.

I would tell you to get it and enjoy. If you need any help with working with the rticle please let me know. What I did and used a 300yd ZERO to maximize the reticule.

John

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
John, Paulo.. how are the optics on the Hawk? Any glare or flares like during early morning or evening sun on the horizon type shooting like when you're hunting? Some scopes are better than others at these angles.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
ArtFWTx said:
John, Paulo.. how are the optics on the Hawk? Any glare or flares like during early morning or evening sun on the horizon type shooting like when you're hunting? Some scopes are better than others at these angles.
John can answer that better than I can, but I never noticed anything.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
J.Boyette said:
I have this optic on my Ar-15 SPR. I LOVE this optic.

I would tell you to get it and enjoy. If you need any help with working with the rticle please let me know. What I did and used a 300yd ZERO to maximize the reticule.

John
J what are you using fore a scope mount i was thinking of using LaRue Tactical SPR / M4 Scope Mount QD LT-104
I am going to try to go to the 6.8 class if i get a job by then and they will give me the time off to go if i do i will be bringing it

·
Registered
105 Posts
Guys,

Sorry for the late reply here,

The optic is a great $500 optic. I feel like I got my moneys worth un-like many other optics on the market. The quality of glass is up there with the $450 to $700 range of optic groups.

The reticle is is day optic no question, at night it is GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as in NO USE AT ALL. It is on par-with 90% light transmission. To put this in context, when its daytime its fine, when the sun sets the scope's usefulness goes out 10% before your mark 1-1 eyeball does. When looking at a target.

On contrast, the The Premier Heritage 3-15X50, is at 99% light transmission. When I used it, the quality was the same as what I was seeing.

But that is also a difference of $2,399 worth of rifle scope too :D

But honestly, my 18" SPR is a day time optic, I have shot 7 deer with this rifle / Horus combo in the last 45 days or so and no issues in dusk, but once te sun's down I need to hold out until the night falls to run it again with a baby chemlite.

That does work well for night firing, but I hav not shot anything but steel at night with this setup.

John

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Thanks John.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts