6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's, I've picked up a small stock of HORNANDY'S excellent 110 LE - BTHP TAP (#81465) in the Red LE boxes, & will probably grab some more shortly. My question is, Other than slightly less penetration, does HORNANDY'S 110 LE URBAN TAP load (#83465) offer any reason(s) worth choosing it over the basic LE TAP loading ?? I'm sure that the URBAN version would be the preferred choice for a home defense / CQB type scenario, but my Stag 6.8 will be used primarily as a short to medium range, basic defense carbine. Any data & or comments regarding either of the above HORNANDY 6.8 SPC LE / 110 gr. TAP loadings will be deeply appreciated. THANK YOU

Best Regards & Happy Holidays, dpast32

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
The Tap Urban is a ballistic tip bullet that is designed to fragment more and do more internal damage without overpenetrating, designed for urban environments. Also Hornady claims this round is designed for use in 1/10 ratio barrels for best performance. 8)

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
They are both great rounds, but the V-Max is a little bit better for HD. I would test both out at 100 Yards and pick the most accurate one.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
I like the Vmax load but I dont think there is a difference between the regular and the tap stuff...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts