6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any pros/cons to this upper? I've had the privilege to shoot these here in Iraq. But I'm wondering what problems I may have with one back in the states. Does anybody have any experience trying to get HK parts for items, such as this upper, as a civilian? I've found a few ranging in price from 3300-5800, but I'm not sure if it's really worth the possible hassle, especially when there are other companies out there that are making similar uppers.... :?:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
From what I read, they work best with the Mill-spec lowers like the Colts. It has something to do with the trigger. If you have the cash, go for it. As far as the customer service, HK doesn't have the greatest reputation so I would call them up first and check with them on the parts availability.

·
Registered
410 Posts
If you like the gas piston rifles try taking a look at LWRC (lwrifles.com). Great guns. Right now they have a large back log but they just moved into a new factory and are starting to pump out guns so the back log should start declining.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Before paying that kind of money for just an upper, IMO you should wait for the MR223 and MR308 to get rolling. That will happen probably sometime in 09 but you will be able to get the entire rifle for what the upper alone is selling for now. I love HK weaponry but I am not paying all that money just to still have a bastardized clone. Either I get the entire rifle or I don't want it.
If you just want a piston driven upper, there are several out there now and all of them are quite excellent products. Closest to the HK, but definitely not the same, is the POF. The LW is excellent and would be my choice if not holding out for the entire HK rifle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the advice guys...
I've decided to pass on dropping the 3k+ on the HK, I've been working on getting a trust set up and picking up a RDIAS.

I've also been looking at(and reading a lot about) the LW line. The back log is a little unsettling, but what do I care...I won't be home within the next 3-4 months anyway!!!

thanks again :twisted:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts