6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just getting started on the 6.8, actually got a chance to test fire new build yesterday

not sure if it was a mag problem or bolt, but didn't act like I wanted It to

spent case was getting hung on top of next round going in

got some work to do

hope to learn some here

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Make sure the bolt is installed with the extractor on the ejection port side. If you add your rifle specs and what ammo you were using you will get a more detailed analysis of what is causing your issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
welcome from soth tx. first check extractor if there is any kind of resistance. if not check your extractor spring andyou might need to add the o ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
welcome from soth tx. first check extractor if there is any kind of resistance. if not check your extractor spring andyou might need to add the o ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks to all for the welcome

kind of what I was thinking was the extractor,

PSA upper with a AIM 6.8 Nitride bcg, federal American eagle 115 gr fmj, Anderson lower with Anderson LPK, UTG 6-pos stock assembly mil-spec black

was kind of reading some other posts, and seems like I am not the only one had a similar problem

use the same lower with a 7.62x39, and 5.56 upper, and it doesn't skip a beat

part of the fun, figuring out what is going on

thanks again for all the welcomes

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
thanks to all for the welcome

kind of what I was thinking was the extractor,

PSA upper with a AIM 6.8 Nitride bcg, federal American eagle 115 gr fmj, Anderson lower with Anderson LPK, UTG 6-pos stock assembly mil-spec black

was kind of reading some other posts, and seems like I am not the only one had a similar problem

use the same lower with a 7.62x39, and 5.56 upper, and it doesn't skip a beat

part of the fun, figuring out what is going on

thanks again for all the welcomes
Well since you say its an AIM BCG you would be at least the third person I have seen on here lately that is having cycle and the ejection problems with the same BCG.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well since you say its an AIM BCG you would be at least the third person I have seen on here lately that is having cycle and the ejection problems with the same BCG.

ya, just started looking around, and seems like at least 3

dadburnit,

brings to mind a question, is the extractor caliber specific?

or can I trouble shoot with a 5.56 extractor?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
ya, just started looking around, and seems like at least 3

dadburnit,

brings to mind a question, is the extractor caliber specific?

or can I trouble shoot with a 5.56 extractor?
I would have to double check on the extractor so I wouldn't be telling you wrong but I know that the extractor in my LMT bolt is proprietary.

It looks like it depends on the manufacturer of the bolt, some use 5.56 extractors and some are proprietary.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just took bolt apart

extractor spring looks like it has been ground on both ends, like they tried to shorten it for one reason or another

cleaned brass shavings off face and extractor, put back together now I need to test

one of many reasons city life doesn't agree with me, will be Friday evening at best before I can test

also knocked out ejector to see if it was dragging, smooth like it should be, did notice when I took bolt out all rings were damn near lined up. spaced them evenly and now the wait for test begins

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I am just curious about the issues that seam to be going on with the AIM BCG's and wonder if it is a timing issue with the cam path or if possibly the cam pin bore in the bolt is out of timing. If you can post pictures would you mind showing a pic of the bolt and carrier in the center of the ejection port.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Welcome from Lexington, TX. I had issues with that ammo as well try some hornady sst or bthp before going crazy. That is what was recommended for me and not a problem since. Good luck

Edit: My brass had serious swipes from trying to eject too quick because of the fast burning powder on ae and fusions.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Welcome aboard! Hope that's it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am just curious about the issues that seam to be going on with the AIM BCG's and wonder if it is a timing issue with the cam path or if possibly the cam pin bore in the bolt is out of timing. If you can post pictures would you mind showing a pic of the bolt and carrier in the center of the ejection port.
posted pictures in the 6.8 firearm discussion section

this was getting kind of long for a hello

1 - 20 of 21 Posts