6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys im jack from houston. got a 6.8 just the other day to enter into the black rifle world. the thing is my baby and i plan to do a lot of target shooting with it as well as some hunting. i paid a pretty penny for it as there is no bargaining at gun shows right now but i have a feeling theres still some work to be done to improve it. heres some pics, tell me what you think.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Welcome Jack. Another Texan in the house. You'll enjoy running with this crowd. A bunch of good guys.

Congrats on your purchase. So that's one of Armalite's 6.8s? If so, you may be the first to write us a range report on it. They haven't been out that long.

You've got a good start with gear.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man. i really have no clue who is upper is by. there was a huge thread on ar15.com about tests of different 6.8 uppers. the picture of the stag looks most similar to my upper imo. i cant find any labeling anywhere on it.

my next purchase will be a scope. thinkin about a nikon, bushnell or super sniper, cant decide which one though. tryin to stay around $350 with that purchase. any suggestions?

afer that would be a new handguard, i think mines kinda ugly. id like to get a ff tube but idk who makes any. i took my gun to a shope the other day to look at what all handguards they had. the usua size midrail they carried was a little bit to short to fit my gun though so idk what size to get or anything :(

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Hi and welcome to the dark side :twisted:
just 1 suggestion you may want to have the chamber on her reamed out to SPCII fore reliability / being able to use the newest ammo

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I like the Nikon and Super Sniper. The Nikon maybe the best bet because in your price range you can get a nice variable low-mid power which give you some flexibility from up close shots to longer shots. Some have Bullet Drop reticles, plus Nikon has sharp glass.

http://www.swfa.com/c-10-nikon-riflescopes.aspx

The Super Sniper has good reviews, the only downside is a fixed 10x.

You definitely want to free-float the barrel. Either go with a smooth tube, or a tactical model with rails. Some brands that offer solid value for the money would by Yankee Hill Manufacturing, and Midwest Industries. Both companies have free float and non-free float rails so read the descriptions. Midwest Industries is easier to install. You remove the handguards, trim off the delta ring and springs then bolt the MI rails on. Easy 10-15 minute deal.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/ind ... gory_id=68

Post any questions you have in the 68discussion page. The guys on this forum will jump in like crazy to answer your questions.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ArtFWTx said:
I like the Nikon and Super Sniper. The Nikon maybe the best bet because in your price range you can get a nice variable low-mid power which give you some flexibility from up close shots to longer shots. Some have Bullet Drop reticles, plus Nikon has sharp glass.

http://www.swfa.com/c-10-nikon-riflescopes.aspx

The Super Sniper has good reviews, the only downside is a fixed 10x.

You definitely want to free-float the barrel. Either go with a smooth tube, or a tactical model with rails. Some brands that offer solid value for the money would by Yankee Hill Manufacturing, and Midwest Industries. Both companies have free float and non-free float rails so read the descriptions. Midwest Industries is easier to install. You remove the handguards, trim off the delta ring and springs then bolt the MI rails on. Easy 10-15 minute deal.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/ind ... gory_id=68

Post any questions you have in the 68discussion page. The guys on this forum will jump in like crazy to answer your questions.
thanks for all that help. first ill have to figure out what length i need but im not sure how to do that. where do i measure from?

reason i say that is b/c that guy at the gun store said his mid rails werent long enough...

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Carbine gas handguards are about 7 inches.
Midlength gas handguards are about 9 inches.

That's a quick way to know.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ArtFWTx said:
Carbine gas handguards are about 7 inches.
Midlength gas handguards are about 9 inches.

That's a quick way to know.
how do i know if i have a carbine or not? sry im really new to this stuff lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts