6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think any of the Industry Leaders listed on this site will occasionally set up some kind of small discounts at varying times or certain times of the year (for members only) like Art at Silver State Armory did with the 5% off discounts? Just asking, because it was very nice and since we have an optional paid membership here on 68forums.com those discounts could be exclusive just to us members and encourage other none members to go ahead and join if they were on the fence. Or has the drawing that will take place every quarter going to replace that? Just curious, I don't want this to sound greedy at all and I don't want to squeeze these Industry Leaders too much especially Art since he has been extreamly stupendous in his gifts & knowledge to us here at 68forums.com! Heck, I not sure if Art donated the ammo or not but his product even started us off on the quarterly drawing. I'm just asking...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
RoAus said:
Do you think any of the Industry Leaders listed on this site will occasionally set up some kind of small discounts at varying times or certain times of the year (for members only) like Art at Silver State Armory did with the 5% off discounts? Just asking, because it was very nice and since we have an optional paid membership here on 68forums.com those discounts could be exclusive just to us members and encourage other none members to go ahead and join if they were on the fence. Or has the drawing that will take place every quarter going to replace that? Just curious, I don't want this to sound greedy at all and I don't want to squeeze these Industry Leaders too much especially Art since he has been extreamly stupendous in his gifts & knowledge to us here at 68forums.com! Heck, I not sure if Art donated the ammo or not but his product even started us off on the quarterly drawing. I'm just asking...

Thats what the drawing is for to be honest, if they wish to offer reduced rate items, they know they may do so in the forums at any time.

·
Registered
0 Posts

I belong to a "Sig Arms" forum also,and we did group buys thats how i got my Eotech 30 of us ordered at one time, just a thought....

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
zoli818 said:

I belong to a "Sig Arms" forum also,and we did group buys thats how i got my Eotech 30 of us ordered at one time, just a thought....

We can run group buys all day long, you just need to get a moderator to approve it and help run it a la, collecting funds and ordering.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Bump! Like this forum has gotta be a feakin gold mine for the manufacturers and we are all committed/addicted users! We deserve a break. (The LOE "discounts" that some of us can get are piddling.) I know I can't stop buyin' shit! (Gotta keep the dollar totals hidden from my wife who has the curious idea that money should be saved for other things, tho I can't imagine what!)

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I could do a group buy if we have enough team members to support it. It's going to have to be an item that's available. Shoot me some good ideas and we will get something started.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
jasonpeterson said:
I could do a group buy if we have enough team members to support it. It's going to have to be an item that's available. Shoot me some good ideas and we will get something started.

Go right ahead.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I don't know if we could get anything from magpul in a decent time frame. I've got their stocks backordered from everywhere. We need to do something that we can get in weeks not months. I'm so impatient. :D

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Are Pri mags worth 3 times the price of c-products? Just checked dealer pricing and I don't think it's enough of a discount to do a buy on. Unless they give another price break for more quantity.

Cold, I was going to call and ask before we started anything. Just showing interest in helping out. :D

Not really sure what we could get a deal on. We could do some small group buys for items like scopes, cleaning supplies and accessories or other items like that. As long as they are available.

·
9,178 Posts
If you can do scopes what would it be on the Horus's? These seem pretty neat and I need a new scope for my 300.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
jamesb74 said:
If you can do scopes what would it be on the Horus's? These seem pretty neat and I need a new scope for my 300.
Just a FYI on Horus's if you are in the MIL and send them your ID they take $100.00 off the price

·
Registered
567 Posts
With all these uppers being purchased, and people looking at building higher quality lowers, maybe a "high end parts kit". A geissele trigger, SSS springs, ambi mag release... All in a special "kit"...
The FSC30... Would PRI be willing to do a discounted price? Or the Smith Vortex...?
There are a lot of things, its just getting enough people to agree on what they want inorder to do something like this.

·
9,178 Posts
dark1 said:
jamesb74 said:
Just a FYI on Horus's if you are in the MIL and send them your ID they take $100.00 off the price
Maybe I should send you some money and have you get one for me :wink: Unfortunatly I am not mil

·
Registered
364 Posts
Considering the importance of using a bore guide, I think that would be a good choice. A quality bore guide/cleaning rod combo possibly. I think this would be just as popular as a mag group buy.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Raph said:
With all these uppers being purchased, and people looking at building higher quality lowers, maybe a "high end parts kit". A geissele trigger, SSS springs, ambi mag release... All in a special "kit"...
The FSC30... Would PRI be willing to do a discounted price? Or the Smith Vortex...?
There are a lot of things, its just getting enough people to agree on what they want inorder to do something like this.
How about AAC blackouts in .30 or 6.8 i want one bad but can not find any only find the .223 ones

1 - 18 of 18 Posts