6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is anthony. I am a police Firearms and Patrol Rifle Instructor. After a neck injury I found that shooting my .30-06 with a 165 grain load, was to much on my shoulder and neck and although I can sight it in, and have taken a deer with it, I found that it was not fun to shoot anymore as it causes residual pain. Loving my AR-15 in the military and the patrol issued ones, I started doing research on the 6.8 SPC. Figuring that the recoil would be less utilizing the the buffer spring. My problems is that there is to much infor or varying opinions on what to get. Should I go with the basic 1:10 twist and get a reasonably priced upper from stag arms with a spec II or should I go with a 1:11 twist from a company like Cardinal Armory, who I have heard had problems with their chrome linings. ? any information would be great. I also need to know about what factory loads to buy at first. I will see about loading my own later.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
SPC II or DMR 1-11 or 1-12 twist you will be good to go :D

my Father has a lot of injuries and he has the same problems, but he can shoot my 6.8 all day long and not have any issues after.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
dontony said:
Hi my name is anthony. I am a police Firearms and Patrol Rifle Instructor. After a neck injury I found that shooting my .30-06 with a 165 grain load, was to much on my shoulder and neck and although I can sight it in, and have taken a deer with it, I found that it was not fun to shoot anymore as it causes residual pain. Loving my AR-15 in the military and the patrol issued ones, I started doing research on the 6.8 SPC. Figuring that the recoil would be less utilizing the the buffer spring. My problems is that there is to much infor or varying opinions on what to get. Should I go with the basic 1:10 twist and get a reasonably priced upper from stag arms with a spec II or should I go with a 1:11 twist from a company like Cardinal Armory, who I have heard had problems with their chrome linings. ? any information would be great. I also need to know about what factory loads to buy at first. I will see about loading my own later.
Welcome aboard.
If you are not in a hurry, I'd check out the X-Treme uppers that will be coming out around January. They will be the ideal chrome lined barrels.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Welcome aboard, sorry to hear about your injury but glad you decided to check out the 6.8 SPC. +1 on the X-Treme uppers...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts