6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally figured out why I was having so much trouble subscribing to the forum, the activation email was getting nabbed by my spam filter.
All is well that ends well, and here I am (but maybe a couple weeks later than I would have liked.)

Why am I here? I have a box (or two) of parts and plan to be building a 6.8 SPC upper starting, maybe ... tomorrow!

The heart of it is a 20 inch Cardinal Armory barrel. I bought it a few weeks ago, and shortly after receiving it learned about the chrome issues.
It remains to be seen if this particular barrel will have issues or no. You will be hearing from me more, no doubt.

Here is a question: I haven't sprung for a set of go/nogo guages. Some people say you must check headspace, others say that it is really unusual
to have a headspace issue on assembly of new parts, whatdyall say about this??

P.S. nothing meant by the Uncle Tom moniker. My name is Tom, and one good friend always refered to me as uncle Tom, so it seemed good to
me, but apparently it pushes some peoples button.

Tom

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
welcome aboard

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Welcome aboard even if it took longer than it should have! I think you'll like the place. I can't answer your question but I'm sure someone who can will be along. Until then, enjoy the browsing! :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
You shouldn't have an issue if your barrel extension is already assembled on your barrel. Slap the parts together and go.
Welcome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
angsniper said:
You shouldn't have an issue if your barrel extension is already assembled on your barrel. Slap the parts together and go.
Welcome.
Now that's what I want to hear!!

The barrel extension was put on by Cardinal Armory, and the bolt (and carrier) came from Stag Arms, so unless someone chimes in and
warns me about that combo, that is just what I will do. (Well, when a package of ammunition from SSA arrives, I am going to carefully
chamber that first round and make sure nothing feels fishy ....)

Thanks for the encouragement.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Uncle_Tom said:
angsniper said:
Welcome.
Now that's what I want to hear!!

The barrel extension was put on by Cardinal Armory, and the bolt (and carrier) came from Stag Arms, so unless someone chimes in and
warns me about that combo, that is just what I will do. (Well, when a package of ammunition from SSA arrives, I am going to carefully
chamber that first round and make sure nothing feels fishy ....)

Thanks for the encouragement.
You are good to go. Slap them sumbitches together and start shooting. :D :D :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts