6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I have been lurking here for awhile and enjoy the forum so I figured today I would become a Team Member and say hi.

I built two 5.56 AR's years ago. Then I found AR15.com and that made me buy parts for a couple of retro builds I am working on. Then I saw the variants link out there and the Grendel. Thought about doing one of those but the cost and lack of availability put me off.

Then I saw the 6.8SPC and found this forum. Now I am buying parts again (I have a 16" Kotonics barrel and an 18" WOA barrel, and 500 rounds of Hornady 110gr BTHP). So I am off to a good start but am still buying pieces so I can start those builds. The 6.8SPC will also get me into reloading and I know I will have a lot of questions about that.

Anyway, I have enjoyed reading the posts here and find you guys very knowledgeable and helpful.

I don't get a lot of build time as my wife and I are completely remodeling our house and yard. We have a complete woodshop and I am now buying machine tools for a metal shop. I have a MIG welder and my first machine tool purchase was an Altas Model 7B metal shaper built in the mid 40's. Looking for a lathe now.

Anyway, I guess I am starting to ramble so I will sign off.

Look forward to particpating here and thanks for all the info.

Norm 8)

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Welcome aboard Norm. When you are done remodeling, stop by NJ and my wife will put your skills to good use. She is a great cook and will feed you well. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
paulosantos,

That sounds like a great idea but I am afraid that my task list goes out to about 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
normrp said:
paulosantos,

That sounds like a great idea but I am afraid that my task list goes out to about 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I think you mean more like 2110. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The more things I finish around the house, the more my wife has ready for me to do. So now I take my time and pace myself so I don't have something new to do every week. :D :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're probably right. My wife is a good sport though. she doesn't care that we have no trim in the house for now! And this is better than when we lived in a tent building a place :lol:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
normrp said:
You're probably right. My wife is a good sport though. she doesn't care that we have no trim in the house for now! And this is better than when we lived in a tent building a place :lol:
Nice. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts