6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My name is Michael Kassnar and I am president of K.B.I., Inc., manufacturers and importers of Charles Daly and Charles Daly Defense firearms.

As many of you know, Charles Daly recently entered the AR-15 rifle market and we did so with 6 initial hi-quality builds, all in 5.56 NATO, 100% made in the US. We have had some great early T&E results from those "in the know" and as such we are grudgingly being accepted into that lofty group of "Tier 1" makers. We really did our homework before entering this market and I think that research is going to pay off for us for years to come.

Fast forward to me receiving a PM on another site from Paul Santos, encouraging me to consider producing a rifle chambered for the 6.8 SPC II. Paul and I talked soon after that, and during that conversation Paul told me that I need to contact a gentleman by the name of Art Kalwas, as Art was the man to speak to if I was going to get the chamber and rifling correct on our first try. Funny, but this gun business is a small world.

As it turned out, I had met Art many years ago when he was doing some consulting work in the Philippines and we were buying our 1911's at the same place.

So Art and I talked, he faxed me the technical data for the 6.8 SPC II, and we are on our way. Another conversation with Paul and I think I have a pretty good idea of what we should build first.

It may take a few months, but you have only Paul and Art to blame for seeing me here, and hopefully seeing our successful entry into the 6.8 rifle segment soon.

I see there is a lot of information on this site and I have a lot of learning to do so I'd better get busy...

Thanks for having me here and I look forward to engaging the board on a regular basis.

Sincerely,
Michael Kassnar

P.S. We launched our own CD Forum this past friday and I invite all of you to visit and register to stay informed of the latest developments at Charles Daly and Charles Daly Defense.

http://www.CharlesDalyForum.com
http://www.CharlesDaly.com
http://www.CharleseDalyDefense.com

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
This is good news. We're glad to have you here Michael. I've heard some great reviews on your AR's and have been looking forward to handling one. If you bring 6.8's to market, I'm sure you'll sell all you can make.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Welcome!

I am glad to know you spoke with both Art at SSA and Paul (of this site). I have no doubts that starting off with the right spec, you will do well. The 6.8 appears to grow every year based on what I have seen. let us know when your rifles and uppers are ready to ship. I will add a segement to the "news" section at the www.68forums.com web portal announcing the new 6.8 SPC offerings by Charles Daly!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Looks like Cold has 2 open sponser spots up there. CD would look awfully nice in one of them. :mrgreen:

Have a great day I'd I'm going to peek at your site.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well, Got back from the CDD site. Very nice. Very nice looking product and specs. Good to see you guys did some great R&D before launching. Looks like a great product.

Have a great day.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Michael,

I must say, it is amazingly refreshing to see a manufacturer coming to the end-users, and making statements like, "I see I have a lot to learn..." You cannot imagine how mutual respect afforded to one's customer, bolsters the confidence of said customer in that vendors product, even before it is in existence! If there were more guys like you in this business I say we'd have a different market altogether.

If you have already consulted with Paul, Art and the other "developers" on this site before you actually chamber your barrel, and decide upon the twist rate, and rifling geometry, etc, you will produce a top-tier 6.8 rifle right from the start. That is how it should be, and your company will then rightly benefit from instant sales.

Bravo, and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Welcome Mike,

I thank you for taking the time to come here and speak with us yourself. I am sure you have gotten the correct information on the specs for the barrel whihc is at the heart of the 6.8s top performance from Paul. The you decision to speak with Art and get the detail info was a very good choice and I am sure if you follow that recommendation you will see use happily recommend your rifle. Now in speaking with Paul I am betting one of those rifle configurations will include a 14.5" with a perm. attached muzzle device. :lol: Sorry that is something everyone here would understand better. I look forward to see what you and your company come up with. I would encourage you to bounce any of your design ideas off of the members of this board as they are a very good sampling of what your target customer base will be. You will also see you will get very professional and constructive feedback. Thanks you again for taking the time to address us personally of your intentions.

Tim W

1 - 8 of 8 Posts