6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Im new to 6.8 life but not shooting or reloading. Since i cant get small pistol primers i decided to build a 6.8 ( Which o a;ways wanted anyway) This was a great excuse though!

However, i would later find that MOST brass for it is small primer pocket lol later as in tonight. So i found a couple hundred large primer once fired casings i ordere for now. Ill be on the hunt for more.

So ill have to get new dies and setup to reload. any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

i went with an arp 16" scout in stainless. I wish they had socom in stock but thats the world we live in at the moment.

i also need to pick a muzzle device. In NJ it must be pinned and welded so this will be a forever and all in one device lol - any recommendations are appreciated.

This will be mostly a SHTF rifle/protect the perimeter- if that helps with recommendations.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Welcome from SE corner of GA. There is a lot of reloading info in the "bullet review" section in Reloading

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
I prefer Redding S-type bushing dies but it doesn't sound like you are going for super accuracy so any resizing die set should work. Why do you need a muzzle device, especially if you have to pin it. It will only increase the noise. I only use a muzzle device on if I'm attaching a suppressor, otherwise just put a thread protector on it - not stainless because it will sparkle sunlight like a diamond. Then you can change or do maintenance on your gas block if you need to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts