6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another new guy, here. I live in South East Texas and I love to shoot, reload, & work on guns ( when I have the time )!

I'm not a big-time hunter, just occasionally. I put together a 6.8 a while back, and I'm still fine tuning it. I used one of the 'older' Ko-tonics 16" 1:10 twist barrels.

Paulo, I have followed most of the load development you have done both here and AR15.com. Very interesting! What suggestions would you have for adapting some of your recipes to the 1:10 twist barrel? So far, my top performers have been Sierra PH 110g, & Hornady 110g V-max both w/ AA2230C & CCI450s & SSA brass. I'm planning on loading some with H322. I also have some 100g Speer & some Remington 115g for later...

Thanks to all of you guys for supporting the 6.8!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Ace_of_Chaos said:
Another new guy, here. I live in South East Texas and I love to shoot, reload, & work on guns ( when I have the time )!

I'm not a big-time hunter, just occasionally. I put together a 6.8 a while back, and I'm still fine tuning it. I used one of the 'older' Ko-tonics 16" 1:10 twist barrels.

Paulo, I have followed most of the load development you have done both here and AR15.com. Very interesting! What suggestions would you have for adapting some of your recipes to the 1:10 twist barrel? So far, my top performers have been Sierra PH 110g, & Hornady 110g V-max both w/ AA2230C & CCI450s & SSA brass. I'm planning on loading some with H322. I also have some 100g Speer & some Remington 115g for later...

Thanks to all of you guys for supporting the 6.8!
Welcome aboard. All of my recipes are actually good in all chambers, even the early Ko-Tonics barrrels and any other 6.8SPC barrel with a SAAMI chamber. For the Sierra 110 Gr. Pro-Hunters and Hornady 110 Gr. V-Max, I would start at 27 Gr. and work your way up to 29 Gr.

For the 115 Gr. bullets, I would start at 27.2 Gr. of H322 and work up to 28.2 Gr. The 100 Gr., start at 29 Gr. and work up to 30 Gr. of H322.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You could also try Remington's 100 grain psp. Very accurate, decent BC, same recipies, 29 to 30 grains of H322. Also, I've used Ramshot Tac , between 29.5 and 31 grains. Either way, very accurate bullet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts