6.8 SPC Forums banner

Hdy TAP Group buy.

9K views 51 replies 15 participants last post by  marinesg1012 
#1 ·
I am talking to a local supplier about getting a group buy of TAP in 6.8mm.Yes, I mean real TAP, not standard Hornady production.

How many people would be interested in boxes 110gr BTHP at $20-$22 per box. I may be able to get a better deal, depending on size of order we can put together.

#2 ·
TackDriver68 said:
I am talking to a local supplier about getting a group buy of TAP in 6.8mm.Yes, I mean real TAP, not standard Hornady production.

How many people would be interested in boxes 110gr BTHP at $20-$22 per box. I may be able to get a better deal, depending on size of order we can put together.
I'd probably be interested but I can get it shipped from AmmunitionToGo.com if I order 10+ boxes, for just under $22 a box, so it'd be interesting to see what they'd sell it for.

#3 ·
I am always ready to buy ammo if I can get a deal 200 plus rounds here....

#5 ·
sredish said:
TackDriver68 said:

I'd probably be interested but I can get it shipped from AmmunitionToGo.com if I order 10+ boxes, for just under $22 a box, so it'd be interesting to see what they'd sell it for.
+1, I just ordered a couple hundred rounds through AmmunitionToGo so at least for the moment I'm set.

#6 ·
I ordered some from ammo to go as well, but I always want more :D

Can we get the ballistic tipped stuff instead? for the OTM stuff I would rather use SSA combat load :D

#7 ·
That ammunition2go order sounds real nice. I was oblivious.How much do they have though? maybe we can get a better price thru them.
:roll:

But here's what I have lined up-
Here's the quote I just got over the phone. The dude who owns the disaster supply company is very busy right now and was on the road headed to a gun show when I called. He has 4 trucks coming in monday and there's a hundred other people ahead of us but here's the prices he gave me. It is about $2 per box ore than the last time i ordered from him :cry: but the prices still beat a lot of other sources.

I will order it from dealer, (this is a cash price deal) and when it arrives(won't know delivery time till I place order, and if I order on friday the 15th,he said it will probably be here in 2-3 weeks (Mid-December), I will then break it up and ship it out.

His quoted price, based on a phone call to his supplier is somewhere near $19.59/ box for standard hornady and 21.37/box for TAP. His Supplier told him there's been a run and about 100 boxes of TAP left on the shelf. He-my local guy-was good enough to ask him to put it on hold for us till WEDNESDAY. so I need at least a feel for interest by then and commitments by say noon Friday.
I personally ordered 100 rounds of BTHP TAP on the spot.

You are the jury on this one. If we can get a consensus on xxxx boxes of a single type, vmax/bthp/urban tap or bthp TAP-by say Friday afternoon. Personally I think It's an awesome deal on the TAP, it beats most of the other prices on the web hands down(except the the ammo to go i didn't know about) :?

Here's how I plan to work it. I will have a final price per box when I place the order and will have everyone paypal or mail me a check/postal money order by priority mail for that amount plus estimated shipping cost added on AFTER I have placed the order and have a firm per box price.
I will use my business ups account to get better rates, and whatever the actual shipping cost is, I will-assuming it is below estimate- refund the difference.I know I'm taking a risk on this so it would be limited to paid site team members( It's only 5 bucks to join and the I want the added confidence I won't to get stuck with a big bag on this). I wouldn't even dream of doing this on ar15.com. but this is a tighter, more mature group so I'm going to take some risk, however if your order will be over 5 boxes I would prefer to get money ASAP via paypal to minimize my personal Financial Exposure.

#8 ·
I'm in on the urban stuff, but that's all I'm really interested in, probably good for 5 or 10 boxes. I also prefer paypal, safest and easiest. If I screw you, you know about it, if you screw me, i have some recourse..... not you, but you know what i mean.

#9 ·
Whatever you guys want to buy I will take 10 boxes.

#12 ·
paulosantos said:
Guys, just an FYI: If you are LE or Military, I'd call Hornady directly and order from them as they offer great discounts for the TAP ammo. If not, this sounds like a great deal.
Yea, like not much over $10 or $11 per box for LEO...... but I don't qualify. I'm working on getting a 'supplier'.....

#13 ·
sredish said:
paulosantos said:
Guys, just an FYI: If you are LE or Military, I'd call Hornady directly and order from them as they offer great discounts for the TAP ammo. If not, this sounds like a great deal.
Yea, like not much over $10 or $11 per box for LEO...... but I don't qualify. I'm working on getting a 'supplier'.....
Their prices have gone up alot. They used to be that, now the 5.56 TAP is about $15 per box and the 6.8SPC is about $19 per box.

#15 ·
Due to a problem with a group buy I HAD ON ANOTHER SITE, all group buys have to be overseen by a moderator.

While I do think everyone here is a good person, I do not know anyone here personally save for a few people.
PLEASE consult with one of the 4 mods before moving forward and accepting peoples money, WHY?

Because, in a awful, worst case issue, something goes wrong and this site takes the brunt of it. I know this is a bit of a problem but you need one of the 4 mods to agree to either oversee this on a level that is acceptable (have your info etc) or handle the buying of the ammo and splitting it up/mailing it out.

Those are the rules to protect all involved.

I do not want to have to resort to contacting my former co workers to track someone down like I had to do on 458SOCOMforums.com back in late 2006. Disaster.

#16 ·
Cold said:
Due to a problem with a group buy I HAD ON ANOTHER SITE, all group buys have to be overseen by a moderator.

While I do think everyone here is a good person, I do not know anyone here personally save for a few people.
PLEASE consult with one of the 4 mods before moving forward and accepting peoples money, WHY?

Because, in a awful, worst case issue, something goes wrong and this site takes the brunt of it. I know this is a bit of a problem but you need one of the 4 mods to agree to either oversee this on a level that is acceptable (have your info etc) or handle the buying of the ammo and splitting it up/mailing it out.

I do not want to have to resort to contacting my former co workers to track someone down like I had to do on 458SOCOMforums.com back in late 2006. Disaster.
Sorry Cold, I was unaware. Right now taking names of those interested and how many boxes they want.It' s from a local dealer, so I was just going to order it and distribute it. If you, or one of the other mods want to take over, that's fine. PM me and I will give you the contact info for the company.
-actual funds were not going to be collected till after order is made, I also was going to post copies of the invoices(with my personal info removed 8) ) and each person will be told exactly what ups charges me for shipping. Everything as it should be, out in the open.
Rules are Rules and If you or one of the others has time, cool, if not the idea can die here.

#17 ·
TackDriver68 said:
Cold said:

Sorry Cold, I was unaware. Right now taking names of those interested and how many boxes they want.It' s from a local dealer, so I was just going to order it and distribute it. If you, or one of the other mods want to take over, that's fine. PM me and I will give you the contact info for the company.
-actual funds were not going to be collected till after order is made, I also was going to post copies of the invoices(with my personal info removed 8) ) and each person will be told exactly what ups charges me for shipping. Everything as it should be, out in the open.
Rules are Rules and If you or one of the others has time, cool, if not the idea can die here.
Once you are sure that there is enough interest, and you want to proceed, just let one of us know. No big deal. If you have PayPal, I'd highly recommend using it as it is very convenient for group buys. You just have to be discrete about it. If not, then ask for certified check or money orders.

#18 ·
Thanks Paulo. Will let you know before proceeding.

It seems most interest is in the 110gr Urban(ballistic tip) TAP. As per the previous estimate of $21.37/box of 20-remember shipping via UPS from me to you is extra.

Will anyone/everyone interested post a definitive number of boxes wanted here. I need to know what you want before say 3pm Wednesday, so I can get a firm price and verified availability per box from the supplier. I will most likely be requesting funds via paypal(as per mods suggestion) Thursday night and placing order on Friday afternoon, If that's ok with the mods. If you want to pay by other means, or need more time, PM me and we'll discuss it. I will post a list of usernames/number of boxes and amount to send me here after I get a verified price from supplier.

#19 ·
I will take 10 boxes if we can get a decent deal

paypal or a check let me know what you want

#20 ·
If paulo wants to oversee it, then it is good to go with me.
I am not trying to be a pain in the arse but I had a bad experience with an unknown, but very active member on another site, getting 5K worth of money then dropping off the face of the earth for 3 months.

#21 ·
I think everyone understands your concern, I would like to think this place is still small enough that everyone will be on the up and up.

#22 ·
I am back. sorry guys launch week is very hectic for me . did 3 18 hour days and a 22 on friday. I need Anyone interested in joining the buy to PM me by 11pm (eastern) sunday night with the exact number of boxes they want and tthe zip code you want it shipped to. i will post a list of usernames and quantities here for verification. once quantity is verified, i will contact each buyer and a moderator with final price, that will include an estimate on shipping based on zip you provide me. once I clear the deal with a moderator, I will contact you individually to send me the paypal on monday and the order will be placed tuesday.

#26 ·
gdonley308 said:
A little off topic but doesn't SSA out perform Hornady TAP at a cheaper price?
Out perform in what category?

Not everyone is interested in shooting out to 400 yards with dead 1/2 MOA results... The TAP suits me well for the close proximity I'm working with and I appreciate the flash retardants, not too mention, I can get the TAP locally and have grown to like it.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.