6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep reading threads about a given firearm and remember wanting one but putting it off and missing out.
mine are a properly-sized 28 ga. 870 Remington, an Ultralite Ithaca 37, and a Colt Anaconda.

anyone else?

my next thread will be “guns I got rid of and still kick myself over”.
:poop:

·
Super Moderator
22,170 Posts
A .22 revolver (DA), an 1861 Navy in .36 cal., a Marlin 39A.

Reactions: lupint2t

·
Registered
258 Posts
Mosin Nagant, Saiga .410, an AK of some decent quality, and an odd ball one is a Zastava cz999

Some of those are still available but at prices I'm not willing to pay. Also unless something special comes my way I'm done buying firearms. Any other items that are special to me my dad already has so I'll get them eventually unless his wife gets rid of it all. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A .22 revolver (DA), an 1861 Navy in .36 cal., a Marlin 39A.
The first gun I bought with my own money was a 39A.
i paid $149.95 ( regularly $189.95 ) for it at Kmart in 1980.
I was 16, so Dad had to drive me there and sign for it.
it’s 10 feet from me right now, in the safe.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My grandad had a pair of octagon barreled 22mag rifles that we would shoot at his house as a kid. They went to my uncle then to his kids who pawned them. I should have asked my grandpa back then for one of them. I came out good though. The man left me his service revolver and the tommy he carried in ww2. If I could find one of those 22mags in good shape I would have to buy it.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
A crate of Mosin's when they were super cheap and a metric ton of ammo. Would be nice to have that stuff horned away deep in the woods for a rainy day.

Still have my eye on a Colt Delta Elite, some day....

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
Wish I had bought those few 357 magnum revolvers I wanted. Wish I had driven that hour and a half before covid and bought that norinco 1911 for 500 that looked new.
In place of that Norinco, Springfield Armory now offers a 1911 for about $530, just saw a couple at a LGS. Much better than anything Norinco in my opinion.

Reactions: 270 and Ratdog68

·
Registered
94 Posts
Colt "USMC" rollmarked CQBP when they first came out. Fight with myself for 20 minutes while I was holding it at the LGS.

Losing out on that has caused me to just go ahead and buy whatever as long as I could afford it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
A Savage 99 in 300 Savage, a few years back looked at one in a lgs with a tag of $350. I knew that was a deal and didn't grab it. And just the other day I walked away from a new CZ 527 varmint in 17 Rem for $760. That's a good deal also, those are hard to find.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I was in the gun business from the early 80’s thru mid 90’s.

Back then, pre ‘86, Colt M16’s were $800 each. Wish I had hocked the house and bought a few dozen of them. NIB now I could sell them for $20K+ each.

I also wish I had bought a trailer load of the South Afrikan M193 mil-surp that sold for $279/2700 round case. 300 rounds per battle pack (10 30 round boxes per battle pack), 9 sealed battle packs per tub. It was great shooting ammo.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
An AK, and more of the Russian SKS's. I bought two when they first hit the market at a gun show. They were classified as a C&R item - I got them for $99 each.

Reactions: lupint2t

·
Registered
258 Posts
An AK, and more of the Russian SKS's. I bought two when they first hit the market at a gun show. They were classified as a C&R item - I got them for $99 each.
My dad was an FFL back in late 90s and early 2000s and was buying them for 60$ a piece. I remember seeing crates of them, all still in the cosmoline stuff. There is only 1 left in the family from those times, my grandpa left it to my sister who is anti gun 🙄

·
Registered
104 Posts
An AK when they were cheap, mossberg 590a1 when they were reasonable, that para p14 that was the right price.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Guns I wish I had bought, one comes to mind is a very clean
S&W 29 I passed on. Went back to get it a couple days later & it was sold.

Another was a pristine model 8 Remington I should have bought but waited to long thinking about it. Went back the next weekend I was off & it had sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
An HK51 FA, Mac 10 FA and Colt all 3 for $5000 in 97. They would be worth about 50k right now.

·
Super Moderator
22,170 Posts
I still kick myself for trading off my 629 (six inch) towards a snow mobile about 30 years ago.

·
Registered
197 Posts
In place of that Norinco, Springfield Armory now offers a 1911 for about $530, just saw a couple at a LGS. Much better than anything Norinco in my opinion.
I have a Dan wesson, my wife has a colt. Just a bit rare for one in the shape it was in.

·
Registered
197 Posts
My dad was an FFL back in late 90s and early 2000s and was buying them for 60$ a piece. I remember seeing crates of them, all still in the cosmoline stuff. There is only 1 left in the family from those times, my grandpa left it to my sister who is anti gun 🙄
In those days 762x39 ammo was dirt cheap too. Same as the mosins and 54r ammo.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts