6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've been blessed to never be in a situation where I've needed the funds to sell. Dad told me always buy never sell :) also told me if you ever get chance to buy a gun for 100$ or less then buy it.

Got a really unique ruger mk1 and a Smith and Wesson shotgun for 100$ each. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Traded a Scar17 for majority of the parts for my ultralite 308 build. Then I traded a 16" Henry GoldenBoy in 44mag with the big loop lever for an ACOG once, ended up trading the ACOG for more light weight AR parts.

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
HK G3, SCAR16, FN 5.7x28 pistol, Custom 243AI on a Stiller Action in a AICS chassis,,,that was a true 1/4MOA rifle, my first G20 10mm, my first M21 double lug and I could go on and on.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I’ll try to keep the list short. A Blackhawk in .30 carbine, took my first whitetail with it. S&W 66 2.5 barrel. A SKS -D and the trunk load of ammo I let go with it. A very nice Remington 600 in 6mm.

These are a few that come to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
16" kotonics 6.8 SPC AR. Didn't shot as good as my others (ARP) but a slice of SPC history I regret selling to a friend.

·
Registered
41 Posts
As a teenager I purchased a H&R .22/22 Mag for $119. Sold it because I wasn’t old enough to buy my own ammo. Childish move. I loved that gun!

·
Registered
128 Posts
My Mom bought me a Nylon 66 in the early 80s. I was still in Jr High. I could take the head off a Mallard at 50 yards with that rifle. Put a lot of ducks on the table and kept us fed. In the late 90s someone offered me $250 for it. I thought they were stupid for offering so much for a rifle that was $50 when it was new. I was the one who was stupid for selling it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My dad sold a pre ban Colt AR. I think he got a Ruger mini-14 with factory folding stock as partial trade. I sold that after he passed. Not only that, but I sold it way too cheap.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I regret selling a Ruger GP-100. It was my first real gun, but I didn't like it for several reasons.
BUT, shortly after I sold it my wife told me it was the only gun I owned that she liked to shoot.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I regret selling a Ruger GP-100. It was my first real gun, but I didn't like it for several reasons.
BUT, shortly after I sold it my wife told me it was the only gun I owned that she liked to shoot.
A 4” GP-100 was my first CF handgun.
It’s one of my two “never sell” guns, for personal significance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My first 22 was a black diamond Nylon 66 that I got for Christmas in 1977 . I let my father sell it when I was about 20 and not really shooting at the time. I wish I had it to give to my son.

·
Registered
921 Posts
My first handgun was a Ruger Bearcat .22. I traded it for a S&W 63 .22LR when my kids were getting old enough to teach to shoot. I thought the double action with the transfer bar would be a little safer, but I sure miss the Bearcat. I also traded off a Ruger M77 in .243. It had the stainless metal with the synthetic skeleton stock. That was one of my dumbest decisions with any of my guns.

·
Registered
840 Posts
There is a lot of them but the two that brakes my heart was a Savage .22Mag/.410 over and under my Dad gave me as a kid, I traded it for a short barrel security six 357 Ruger that I couldn't hit a barn door with, the other was a 18" double barrel 12ga Stevens from my Grandpa that I traded for a Muzzleloader and ,22 pistol,,, young and stupid with so many regrets .

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I had this incredible M1A SOCOM II. Loved that thing, right out the box with iron sights at 100. Had the fiberglass marine cammo pattern, really sweet rifle. Man... I hope the dipshit that's shooting it now is enjoying it.

Here's an old picture of it:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've traded a few off over the years, most I don't regret much. But my first rifle as a teen was a sporterized 98 Mauser in 243 my late uncle had someone build. Fajen stock with some scrolling on it, pure 70's style. Shot great, for the first 1500 rounds lol. When it quit shooting I traded it like a fool. Didn't have any money to rebarrel at the time and needed something to shoot. Always felt a bit like a family traitor because of that. I did like the tang safety Swift I traded it for, but many years later traded it too. Those are probably the two I miss the most.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ruger Redhawk .44 mag. I fixed my mistake recently by buying a used blued Redhawk. The new used one (1986 manufacture) is magna ported and has a picatiny rail for my Vortex SPARC. I got a great deal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts