6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to see if any of you have experienced what I did this weekend.

The last gun show of the year was this past weekend in Charlotte. I decided to see if I could find a LPK so I can start work on my dedicated 6.8 lower whenever it gets here.
Wow! Talking about people! It was so crowded that I had to stand in line 30+ minutes just to get in. Some of the exhibitors said it was even worse on Saturday with the line extending 300-400 yards down the street. It was shoulder to shoulder at every booth, somtimes 2-3 people deep. I was there 3 hours and it was like that when I left.

It's been years since I had seen so many handguns for sale at a show. Plenty of long guns were available, mostly hunting guns but there were some ARs too. I only saw one 6.8 Bushmaster and a guy was carrying it around.
The prices on the new 5.56 ARs averaged $1100- 1300.
One dealer had a few Sun Devil, Armalite and RRA stripped lowers for sale at $239- 259 each! At the last show he had them for $129- 159. I passed on them.

I saw one Stag LPK whenever I first got there and passed it by to look for others. Mistake! I went back an hour later and it was gone. It must have been the only one there. Every dealer I asked just looked at me, grinned and shook their head no.

Whew! I was worn out whenever I got home. The only thing I ended up buying was a Coke, magnum size pretzel and a gun sock for my son-in-law.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was there as well. It was a madhouse for sure. Ironically I was looking for a LPK too and had the same results... nada.
Wish I had known you were there, I would have liked to meet you

·
Registered
102 Posts
it was the same way up here in louisville. there was a lttle bit of price gouging on the ammo and lowers and everything in general. there were no mags in sight. sigh...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hdglock said:
I was there as well. It was a madhouse for sure. Ironically I was looking for a LPK too and had the same results... nada.
Wish I had known you were there, I would have liked to meet you
Yep, it would have been cool to meet a fellow forum member. I couldn't have found my own wife in that crowd though.
:lol:
I called WOA just awhile ago and they said they had a LPK in stock which contains the little parts, springs, etc. plus the hand grip.
They didn't gouge me on the price either. Got it at a better price than the scalper at the show.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Just got back from one this weekend in Ft. Meyers, FL and it was a madhouse as well. Got there first thing in the morning on the first day and the lines were the same. Soon as i got through the door I hit up every ammo dealer that carried 6.8 and pretty much bought up all the Hornady 110 gr v-max i could find. Found quite a bit of Remington 6.8 ammo but didn't touch that CRAP. Only found 7 boxes of Hornady though. Tons of AR's on display and quite a few stripped lowers too. Spikes Tactical wasn't there this time, kinda suprised cause he is usually at every show, want one of his lowers for the Xtreme build. 8)

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
I was at the Fort myers gun show on sat morning also. what I did not like is all the gangbangers running around, it looks like they are stocking up too

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I've seen many gangbangers at many of the past shows this year. They are quite annoying considering they have no intelligence in firearms, all they know is how to turn them sideways and spray bullets without aiming, pretty pathetic. I worked with one recently and he was all about the Tech 9 {biggest POS IMO}. He was talking about spraying bullets too and i told him when he was all out of ammo all it would take to drop his ass at about 200 yards out is one lonely 6.8 bullet that he would never expect to come from that far because he has no idea what a precision rifle is. He then sat there and realized how stupid he sounded. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
414 Posts
The last time it was this busy was in December of 1999,
when everyone was preparing for the end of the world.

8)

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
I wonder if we are going to be right this time

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
coldair said:
I was at the Fort myers gun show on sat morning also. what I did not like is all the gangbangers running around, it looks like they are stocking up too
:lol: I saw a bunch of them too. Eye rings, nose rings, lip rings, neck tatoos, fros, dooos, spikes, dreads, collars, lids, chains, etc. :lol: ( not that there's anything wrong with that) uhh.... I thought I was at the county fair for a little while. :lol:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
What you guys got problems with nose rings and collars?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Cold said:

They can be fun when they come attached to a nubile female with a kinky streak... :twisted:

G

·
Cold said:
I saw a guy with a nose ring and a guy with an ear ring get them ripped out in a fight. The guy with the nose ring had a chain attached to it so it was easy for the other guy to rip it out. Boy! talk about blood! You would of thought those two had gotten shot by the amount of blood that bled out of those wounds. I never thought the ear lobe could produce so much blood when ripped.

Needless to say those two fights were ended fast because of those wounds.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I dont wear that stuff, but I did alway wonder what a mag light sounded like upon colliding with some guys "grillz"

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cold said:
I dont wear that stuff, but I did alway wonder what a mag light sounded like upon colliding with some guys "grillz"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Funny how this turned into ya'll making fun of the idiocracy of our country. Anyways, what about prices on your usual run of the mill AR lowers and uppers like RRA or Stag? Alot of rediculous prices? I was hoping to get my buddy an AR at this next gun show, what should i suspect on finding a 6.8 or even a 5.56 or a 7.62?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Bull00 said:
Funny how this turned into ya'll making fun of the idiocracy of our country. Anyways, what about prices on your usual run of the mill AR lowers and uppers like RRA or Stag? Alot of rediculous prices? I was hoping to get my buddy an AR at this next gun show, what should i suspect on finding a 6.8 or even a 5.56 or a 7.62?
We like to have a little fun here :D :D . Nothing wrong with that. I'd rather have a little fun then to have guys fighting back and forth like high school kids. :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Bull00 said:
Was going to go to the show in Pasa-get-down-dena here in Houston, but after the last one (Long lines, shoulder to shoulder, prices way up, stink, etc..) I decided to pass. I do need to get some lowers.

I would like to get a spider lower, those do look good...

I get the feeling things are already cooling off from the big push, and expect it to "Almost" get back to normal in a bit, BHO has bigger fish to fry right now, the gun agenda will be a bit pushed back. I hope. Should give us some time. Let the dealers/vendors catch up....etc...

I HOPE....

:shock:

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
paulosantos said:
Bull00 said:
We like to have a little fun here :D :D . Nothing wrong with that. I'd rather have a little fun then to have guys fighting back and forth like high school kids. :D

OH don't get me wrong, i enjoy it just as much as ya'll do. I was just being observant. If there's anyone around here that likes to have fun at other idiots expense: it's me. But i'm not usually as kind to these morons as some of ya'll would be. So i best keep my mouth shut, "or i might have to put a cap in some foo's ass, boya! yo yo!" (I don't think i'm very good at being a gangbanger, but i tried my best! Just for you guys.) Ha!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts