6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had a chance to check the 200 yards legs of my 6.8 after almost three years. Found that a range nearby, San Joaquin Rifle and Pistol Range in Linden, CA, has a 200 yard range and I couldn't pass it up. I was so tickled at the results I had to share.

The Gun:
Upper is all Stag built by Runner Runner Guns with a 16" carbine gas barrel and a Diamondhead VRS hand guard.
Keis adjustable gas block
Leupold 2-7x33 VX-R scope
Matrix lower
ALG trigger
CTR stock

The Load:
Nosler 115gr HPBT
28gr of A2200
CCI 400 primer
2.26 COAL
2,477 fps

That is a 1" square in the center. The 1st shot is the low one, high right is a flat mulligan and high left was me just popping off the last shot so I could go see why my brother-in-law was getting so excited (I could not see the hits and he was on the spotting scope).

I have to say that if you happen to be in Central CA, it is worth the effort to visit SJRPR. What a great facility and the owner has a bit of cool history behind him. http://www.lindengunrange.com/

Circle Recreation Shooting sport Games

·
Registered
690 Posts
Excellent

Very nice, isn't that a great cartridge? i shoot mine 5 to 1 over my .223s

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
good shooting. the circular pattern of hits back when i was qualifying with the M14 suggest chasing the bull, and i'm not being critical, your shooting will work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.