6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some great CS with Jason from Ident recently and though I would share here.

I bought a PVS-14 OMNI VIII night vision system about 2 years ago. I use it as a helmet mounted system while hunting pigs here in Texas and when it comes time to shoot I will transition from the helmet to the gun in a matter of seconds. Well this has been working fine and I have taken many pigs with this method. On my most recent trip I was shooting with the PVS-14 mounted to the gun and whacking some pigs and disaster stuck. When it happened it looked like someone else shot back and hit my tube, but actually it was a recoil spot developed when shooting.

It was right in zone 1 and it was huge and not only was there a recoil spot but also a tear in the tube. I instantly thought I was fudged and I just trashed my very expensive NV system. So I packed up the PVS and called it a night, but at least I got three pigs that night would have been more since this happened around 11pm.

So the next Monday I called Jason at Ident and explained what happened. He didn't bat a eye and told me to ship it to him ASAP, which I did. Once he had a chance to inspect it (matter of days) he told me that it was a manufactures defect and he would try to get L3 to warranty it first and if that didn't work he would just replace the tube from his own stock since the unit was still covered under his warranty.

He was very up front and didn't mind explaining what happened and why it failed. I didn't see any smoke and mirrors, trickery, BSing, etc. He was up front with everything and this carried throughout the process.

So fast forward 30 days from when it happened and I have my PVS back in hand all fixed up with an almost identical tube in it. To my surprise he managed to get L3 to cover the tube even though it was just past the manufactures warranty. In addition Jason also included a copy of the letter from L3 concerning the warranty, shipping papers from L3 to Ident, and a the replacement tube original spec sheet. I would have to say I was expecting the get the short end of the stick here. This was not the case and I am pleased to say this was a quick and painless process and now my manufactures warranty just got extended another 2 years to boot.

Buy with confidence my friends from Ident, they honor their promises.

Thanks Jason

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have had good experiences with Jason as well. Always informative and straight forward. I will buy from again at some point.

·
Super Moderator
21,652 Posts
Nicely done Indent ! Kudos to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts