6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchase my "operator" supplies (that is a joke) from LA Police Supply because they have some of the better prices i have found on range gear. about twice a year i get an email from them offering grab bags for between $10-$15 and normally buy one or two of them. they normally come back with some items i can throw in a bug out bag or something like that but usually you get around double your money spent worth of "junk"

a couple weeks ago i ordered 4 of them for $60 and the next day i got an email saying they had over sold and would be getting some more together. i thought OK, here is their chance to clean house and get rid fall their garbage. a few days go by and i get an email with tracking number. i look and see the weight on the box is about 6.5 pounds. i'm thinking wow, i am getting a bunch of junk this time around.

fast forward to today and i get home and find a large box on the porch about 12x18x6 inches.

i dig through all the fluff (junk) which was actually some pretty decent pistols cases, a hat, some medical supplies, etc and i come across a bulky item in a blue bag and see a name i recognize.

open it up and it's a brand new Trijicon MRO site! WOW! not bad at all for $60 to say the least. i'm normally a sceptic but occasionally it pays off i guess. thanks for reading. pretty excited about this as i was looking for an optic for a new build and now i have one.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
i purchase my "operator" supplies (that is a joke) from LA Police Supply because they have some of the better prices i have found on range gear. about twice a year i get an email from them offering grab bags for between $10-$15 and normally buy one or two of them. they normally come back with some items i can throw in a bug out bag or something like that but usually you get around double your money spent worth of "junk"

a couple weeks ago i ordered 4 of them for $60 and the next day i got an email saying they had over sold and would be getting some more together. i thought OK, here is their chance to clean house and get rid fall their garbage. a few days go by and i get an email with tracking number. i look and see the weight on the box is about 6.5 pounds. i'm thinking wow, i am getting a bunch of junk this time around.

fast forward to today and i get home and find a large box on the porch about 12x18x6 inches.

i dig through all the fluff (junk) which was actually some pretty decent pistols cases, a hat, some medical supplies, etc and i come across a bulky item in a blue bag and see a name i recognize.

open it up and it's a brand new Trijicon MRO site! WOW! not bad at all for $60 to say the least. i'm normally a sceptic but occasionally it pays off i guess. thanks for reading. pretty excited about this as i was looking for an optic for a new build and now i have one.
That's awesome! Those kinds of surprises are fun.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
That's great. I've bought many things from them and theyve been great, but I just realized I wasnt on the mailing list so I never saw the grab bags before. I wont go my hopes up that much, but hopefully get some fun goodies eventually.

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Never had any luck with grab bags. Cool find.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Lucky sob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I buy my boots at LAPG in their close out section and find awesome deals on size 15. I bought 3 pair of Bates boots for $13 a pair and have one pair still in the box and one in the closet. Great place. Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Wish they still had them. Wife wants a tshirt from there. But $5 to ship a tshirt is a little too high for me. Couldn't really find anything else I needed from there

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I buy stuff there from time to time, I have got some awesome prices on closeout pants, if they have a size and color that you are OK with. I haven't got the grab bags, was very tempted, but reviews on them aren't very good, I guess anyone that doesn't get a "find" is disappointed. Congrats on your "find".

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I buy my boots at LAPG in their close out section and find awesome deals on size 15. I bought 3 pair of Bates boots for $13 a pair and have one pair still in the box and one in the closet. Great place. Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag
i like to share with my friends.

I buy stuff there from time to time, I have got some awesome prices on closeout pants, if they have a size and color that you are OK with. I haven't got the grab bags, was very tempted, but reviews on them aren't very good, I guess anyone that doesn't get a "find" is disappointed. Congrats on your "find".
i've bought their grab bags before and have always got my moneys worth of stuff but this is the first time i have made out like this. i was shocked myself and i realize it doesn't always turn out like this but i like by the motto you can't succeed if you don't at least try. yes, i know most people who write the reviews are pissed becasue they didn't get a set of night vision goggles in their grab bag but i just wanted people to know they do actually put some decent stuff in there.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
That's awesome!!! And to think I was impressed this time around with the usual hats, med kits, and Oakley backpack! But an MRO is F'n outstanding!!

i buy a ton of duty stuff for the xo and I there and they are great!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Cool find!

I've never bought their grab bags, but buy boots from their clearance section and their "Urban Ops" pants are probably the favorite pair I own.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts