6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I decided to bring my bow with me to work because I do tree work and I always see deer on the property I going to. I also have permission to hunt the neighbors property. On my lunch break I go to the neighbors to stalk around and see whats in the woods and then a guy from my company calls me and say comes back over here there a bear. So I run through the woods to the property and they tell my bear went through the deer fence into the main part of the property. I run around and get inside the fence and as im looking for the bear, I hear a noise behind me and there he is, 20 yards away staring me down. I drew back and right when he turned broadside I shot but he started moving so I hit him far back in the gut. He ran about 50 yards and layed down in a rhododendron bush. I watched for an hour and he was still moving so I snuck up to about 15 feet away and put another arrow in him. He jumped up and made some crazy noises so I knew it was a good shot. At this point I'm shitting my pants because I just shot a wounded bear from 15 feet and he could easily charge me. So I hauled ass outta there and came back 20 minutes later to find him expired. It was a wild experience and pretty dam awesome, its not everyday you shoot a bear on your lunch break. I spend 3 weeks every year going upstate for new yorks early bear season. This year was the first year I saw a bear but it was a mom and cub so I couldn't shoot. I did not expect to come home and get one with my bow down in Westchester an hour from NYC. He was no monster probably only 200 pounds but when he was 15 feet away and he seemed pretty dam big to me. Best day of work in a long time.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,791 Posts
Nice blackie. Congrats.

Reactions: dfleury

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Good Hunt. Pelt looks thick. Got a rug now?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
small enough to wall hang.....put an apple in his mouth

·
Registered
848 Posts
Nice going. It's good to be prepared at all times.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Adapt and over come, seems like you did just that. Congratulations.

Reactions: dfleury
1 - 7 of 7 Posts