6.8 SPC Forums banner

Got me a new 68

4K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  WASSMAN 
#1 ·
After looking and a lot of reading i decided on a barrett REC7 Gen 2 , it seems to be a really nice gun and light which was a real concern of mine because my other 68 is heavy . Now i didnt know and didn't even think about looking at the twist rate and now i see that it is a 1/10 not 1/11 like my other one so is there that much difference ? I know that 1/10 is the min and 1/11-1/12 the preferred but i cant see it making that much of a difference but it guess i will see this weekend when i site it in , i just out a kind of cheap pro staff 7 on it for now because the vx3i was not in stock so i will be looking for one in the near future .
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Airsoft

See less See more
#3 ·
After looking and a lot of reading i decided on a barrett REC7 Gen 2 , it seems to be a really nice gun and light which was a real concern of mine because my other 68 is heavy . Now i didnt know and didn't even think about looking at the twist rate and now i see that it is a 1/10 not 1/11 like my other one so is there that much difference ? I know that 1/10 is the min and 1/11-1/12 the preferred but i cant see it making that much of a difference but it guess i will see this weekend when i site it in , i just out a kind of cheap pro staff 7 on it for now because the vx3i was not in stock so i will be looking for one in the near future .
View attachment 14407
The 1-10" twist is fine as long as you have a Spec II chamber or one of the improved versions. You may give up a little bit of velocity over one of the 1-11 to 1-12 twists with the light weight bullets but it will handle all suitable bullets even those to long and heavy for the slower twist mentioned.
I don't think you would be able to tell the difference just shooting unless you are comparing them side by side over a chronograph.

#4 ·
I'm currently looking at an LWRC Six8, but the REC7 from Barrett is high on my list as well. I'm a big fan of LERC now since I purchased my M6IC SPR 4 months ago. I'm sure the Barrett design will run toe to toe with it. I'm just really liking the full ambi features and the magpul 6.8spc mags will be cool as well.

#5 ·
I took it out this weekend and ran about 100 rounds though and and i was happy with it , the only thing i will to is try and polish the trigger a little because it has a small amount of creep . The one thing that made me decide on the barrett is it is mill spec , i am not found of the plastic mags at all , i have a few and just dont like them.

#12 ·
Will do man and i know what you mean about the BS lol
I would like to think that the Barrett is top of the line but know as well there are others that can hang in the same category.I need to get another scope for it i had the Nikon on but replaced it with a vortex hst but not sure i really like the expose turrets on it so i may get something a little better and caped .

#17 ·
Thanks
I am at the ranch now trying to get it sighted in and not having a good time , I had to return it to factory zero and then I got on paper so not sure of it was not at zero when I started but at least I'm on paper now. I only brought one box of 110 grain so I had to give up on it I didn't want to use the 120's I have even though I know they shoot the same in my other 68.
I did the looking though barrel and adjusted the sight like I always do so I'm not sure whys up with it

#18 ·
Just the normal checks I would start with. Torque of hardware and attachments, inspection of crown for damage. However I have never had luck bore sighting and get on paper at 100, always had to start at 25 then walk it out to 100.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.