6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
everyone counts, including those in the womb. I've been shwacking a lot of boars lately. That too has made a difference. I shot up a sounder last trip out and one sow was 175+ pounds and had yet to breed.

Reactions: 68fun

·
Registered
955 Posts
At least you are getting out there. I can't seem to get up the initiative to brave the rain and sloppy conditions to go out. Haven't killed a single one from my couch either.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Yes, it has been a rainy this spring! I have found that the hogs are pretty active after a heavy rain or during a light rain so I have started hunting during these periods at night. Two things have made this possible - a poncho and "wellies". With the poncho, I can carry my rifle under the poncho, then throw the front over my right shoulder to raise the rifle to scan or shoot. My old gortex boots were letting my feet get soaked and mud would cake on them weighting me down, so I tried some LaCrosse Men's Grange Hunting Boots from Academy. These have been great - my feet stayed dry and I can walk through thick mud without it clinging to the boots. Now I actually look forward to hunting in these conditions.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Nice kill! As Queen sang.....Another One Bites The Dust! Good shooting and good luck in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts