6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any good (under $200) variable power compact scopes that are suitable for use as a deer hunting optic on a 6.8?
the wife and i are building a 6.8 carbine and want a decent compact scope, and the only thing we have found are Leapers.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
the little bushnells get good feedback
so do the little Weavers
the VX3 1-3 is well spoken of and used a lot

I have expensive European scopes and a little Weaver 4x shotgun scope I have is surprisingly good

I would like to check out the 1.5-5x32 Weaver shotgun scope with the diamond reticle

shotgun scopes are usually set at 75 yards for parallax and usually designed with more eye relief than normal scopes

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Millet DMS-1 with 1x-4x and illuminated dot in a dougnut for $199 at SWFA.

I now have three and LOVE this scope. Only downside is it is a little long and heavy. But GREAT valure for the $.

Kerry

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just put a Swift 2-7 on my Bushmaster carbine. Its a shorter scope of good quality, but not high end. It replaces a Bushnell Holo sight that was to bright at its lowest setting for hunting low light times.

Cheesehead

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
cheesehead said:
It replaces a Bushnell Holo sight that was to bright at its lowest setting for hunting low light times.

Cheesehead
that's something I have come across with several ill ret scopes, the reticle is overpowering at night even at it's lowest setting
the Eotech I had could get so low that even at night you could just barely detect it
good stuff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts