6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
good read, Tubb springs supposedly help keep the bolt in battery for a couple of nano seconds longer than standard springs. have no idea if it works or not, but sounds good

·
Premium Member
10,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If everyone would port the barrels properly there wouldn't be any issues. I hear people talk about the 260s needing longer tubes but, I haven't had any problems even with light carriers.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
An old article that doesn't seem to recognize light weight carriers like the JP LMOS and now the titanium carriers. Modern adjustable gas blocks change everything.

·
Premium Member
10,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are a few things he completely misses. An AR10 FP is .076 dia, not quite sure how he plans to get it through a .065 hole.
I'm not sure if the guys porting the barrels just have 1 size drill bit and they use it for every barrel in the shop or not but it seems many of them have the same issues the guy talks about. Porting them the correct size fixes a lot of those problems.
Using super light carriers and buffers on off the shelf barrels exaggerate the problems but can be toned down with an Adj gas block. Custom barrels can be ported to work correct to begin with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts