6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for sights for a glock 35 and need suggestions.
The gun will be used primarily for basic target shooting
Would you recommend target or night sights? Any styles specifically?
Also, I'm looking into a red dot for it but I'm not sure how I should set everything up. Should I do sights first then move to red dot later or spend the money to get the red dot from the beginning?

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
I am liking the Wilson Combat Vickers sights. Green fiber front, standard back. Seen here on a G35:

One of the members here shooting it at the Southeast 68forums range day:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I am liking the Wilson Combat Vickers sights. Green fiber front, standard back. Seen here on a G35:

You couldn't tell by my groups but I really liked the sights, very easy to pickup and IMO a good balance between acquisition speed and accuracy.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I personally have really come to prefer a blacked out front and rear sight, my pistols either have an internal laser and or Surefire rail mounted light on them.
But again personal preference and I seem to be able to focus my sight picture better with blacked out sights.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I use Advantage Tactical Triangular sights on my long-slide Glock. I shoot tactical matches with it. I'm more accurate and faster with it than black post, 3-dot, or Glock U by significant margin. I recently installed a Crimson Green Laser rail sight - wow. what a difference that makes as groups shrank even more. But on all my carry Glocks, I run with night sights (your original question) plus now the green laser. If you can't see the sights at night, its like they are not there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tri...oQpoKHTQ1D1cQyjcIWQ&ei=qNwXV5jtDKiF6QS06ry4BQ

·
Registered
1,624 Posts

I have the Vickers on my G19. I like them for quick target acquisition but haven't really had time to target shoot with them. Used them in a 2 day carbine and pistol glass and they worked great from rifle to pistol transitions.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Here's how I set up my pistols, depending on what I plan to do with them:

If I'm going to shoot small groups at the range I go with black front and rear.

If I'm carrying in the woods/hunting, I like a fiber optic front and plain rear.

If it's primarily for defense, I like night sights.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Good Thread!

Looking myself for a G19.

Held a friends G43 with TruGlo TFO sights. Night and Day, they're bright!

Not sure they're the best for target work, but my G19 is for defensive purposes.

Any input on good night/day sights would be appreciated.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Also, I'm looking into a red dot for it but I'm not sure how I should set everything up. Should I do sights first then move to red dot later or spend the money to get the red dot from the beginning?
If you are going to do a red dot then you need suppressor height sights so they can cowitness with the red dot.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I'm looking for sights for a glock 35 and need suggestions.
The gun will be used primarily for basic target shooting
Would you recommend target or night sights? Any styles specifically?
So many variables! How old are your eyes? What does basic target shooting mean? Do you use another gun for home defense?

Night sights are the best choice for iron sights, no matter the intended use. Be sure to get a set with a wide rear notch to allow plenty of light around the image of the front sight. If a red dot is in your future, get tall sights to co-witness.

If this is your first choice HD gun, you need a white light on the gun along with a green laser. The Crimson Trace Railmaster Pro is a good choice. I have one on my primary HD gun. The green laser dot is necessary to contrast with the red dot of the red dot sight.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So many variables! How old are your eyes? What does basic target shooting mean? Do you use another gun for home defense?

Night sights are the best choice for iron sights, no matter the intended use. Be sure to get a set with a wide rear notch to allow plenty of light around the image of the front sight. If a red dot is in your future, get tall sights to co-witness.

If this is your first choice HD gun, you need a white light on the gun along with a green laser. The Crimson Trace Railmaster Pro is a good choice. I have one on my primary HD gun. The green laser dot is necessary to contrast with the red dot of the red dot sight.
I'm 18 so my eyes are still good. Probably shooting from 10-25 yards at max with no high-speed competition type shooting.
I'm liking the truglo TFX sights right now because they can be seen clearly during the day and night

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you are target shooting - look at Dawson Precision adjustable plain black rear with fiber optic front sight (red or green - your choice). Warren plain black rear with fiber optic is another good choice.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I put True Dot green and yellow tritium on my glock 19. I have 60 year old eyes and can see these very well. I shot a USPSA match with them and did well.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have a G19 with the TruGlo TFO and I like them well for combative shooting. Very large sights and very bright in all conditions.

On another G19, I recently gave the Haley Strategic Th1rTe3n (Thirteen) Sights a try with tritium front and rear. I wanted to give them a try since I personally believe in the natural body alarm response theory, so wanted to put them to the test. The tritium inserts are nice and bright and appear as a small whitish dot in daylight.

http://www.haleystrategic.com/haley-strategic-thirteen-sight-black

Ive had them about a month and have about 400 rounds with them and so far I really like them. Fast and easy to pick up and accurate when shooting for groups. The TFOs are on the edge of being too big and bright for me, but still nice sights, just a way different picture when compared to the Thirteens.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts