6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if they ask about firearms ownership when you go the interview for either Global Entry or TSA Precheck?

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Can anyone tell me if they ask about firearms ownership when you go the interview for either Global Entry or TSA Precheck?
no idea. the VA has started asking if you own weapons tho. i usually tell them NO, but if i'm in a bad mood i tell them it's none of their friggin business. if any government job precludes you from hire due to your 2A rights i would find an ambulance chaser and sue for discrimination

·
Administrator
22,080 Posts
I applied online for the TSA PreCheck when I was flying regularly. I never was asked to come in for an interview. I received randomly granted TSA PreCheck status on my tickets for over a year. I don't recall ANY firearms related questions on the application.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I don't see how it would be pertinent or any of their business. I haven't filled out the forms, doesn't seem to be much advantage to it, the lines here are just as long as the regular lines and at times longer. In theory you don't have to take off your shoes or belt in reality, it doesn't always work out that way. Either way, I almost always get the TSA precheck anyway, I guess through the airline.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have the Global Entry and no question of firearms during the interview. They now have the US Customs App for your phone that I used a couple weeks ago returning through Miami and I was amazed that we did not stand in line once. I am sure that once people start using that more it will not be that way. The app is free as well

·
Registered
833 Posts
The TSA pre-check was really nice when we were selected to go thru it couple years ago. We had no idea what it was all about just got thru the security faster.
Well last year of flying we had to stand thru all the mess they have created to get people to "buy" into the pre-check. I view the whole thing as a money maker for TSA.
As for firearms I did see one guy taking his hunting rifles thru the luggage check in. He was surrounded by three TSA guys till they took possession and he walked thru the pre-check. That again was a couple years ago. I also have found that each city treats security differently.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have global entry/tsa pre and there are no firearms questions. The hassle of the application and the pointless 5 minute interview is worth it. For me global entry was my reason for joining, tsa pre was just a side perk.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Nope, no interview. Fill out a form, finger prints, write a check and in a couple of weeks get your KTN (Known Traveler Number).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts