6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been involved in the shooting sports for 50+ years, both professionally and personally. I have shot rabbits, grouse and varmints with .22's as a youngster, shot M-60's door mounted on Huey Helicopters as a Crew Chief in the U.S. Army, and just about everything in between. My Grandfather's taught me to have a great respect and love for the freedoms we have as Americans, especially our Second Amendment rights. I am proficient with the AR Platform in the 5.56, 6.8, and .308 calibers, as well as the AK Platform in the 7.62X39. I am an avid hunter living in the Rocky Mountains, and have taken Elk with every weapon including Archery, Handgun, Muzzle loader and Rifle.
I have grown to love, trust, and truly appreciate the 6.8 SPC, and I'm confident that I can accomplish anything with it. After putting down several large Mule Deer over the last few years, I am ready to step it up now to larger game, and have found accurate and useful information here at 6.8 forums. I really appreciate the fine work that people have shared at this site, and hope to reciprocate if I can in any way. I currently run a REC7, and love all but the trigger, even after a good polishing of the critical components. I'll be adding a drop in before hunting this year.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Welcome aboard! Thank you for your service.

Try some AA2200 or RE 10x with 110gr AB. Hopefully, the AB 110s will be released in Oct.
But, other have taken Elk & can chime in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts