6.8 SPC Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Roberts isn't as bad as you make him sound.
Yes he is. He gave us Obama care, after rightly stating it violates the commerce clause.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yes he is. He gave us Obama care, after rightly stating it violates the commerce clause.

Yep, Roberts sees his purpose as bringing balance to the court, regardless of the cause. I'll never get how the democrats spent months adamantly denying obamacare was a tax, then when Roberts got through with it, said "if it's a tax, it can stand" It wasn't his job to redefine it, reject it since it wasn't a tax and let the democrats try and push it through as a tax. He is a reliable liberal on matters to conservatives. Barret solves the Roberts problem.

·
Super Moderator
11,883 Posts
Roberts is just a man, human like the rest of us. Just because he doesn't agree with you 100% of the time doesn't make him a flaming liberal. He has voted conservative 99.9 percent of the time.

·
Super Moderator
11,883 Posts
I'm gonna go with a no on that one.
It's not up for a vote. It's a matter of public record. How does the saying go? You can have your own opinion but you can't have your own facts? . Out of 180 decisions he has voted with the liberal opposition only 4 times if I remember my previous quote correctly. That actually comes up to about 97% of the time he has voted with the conservative majority. I will defer to his much higher level of education on the subject of the law and the constitution in those few cases where I don't particularly understand or agree with his decision.
I like Donald Trump. I was a supporter from the beginning when most people were calling him a clown and saying there was no way they would vote for him. I don't agree with everything he says or does but I don't disown him and call him a liberal because of a few things we disagree on.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts