6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am finally getting my holy grail, an M1A ! im still trying to decide on the LOADED or NATIONAL MATCH.And i hear there is some problems with reliability, do any of you guys have a m1a and how well has it served you?
what kind of scope mount do you use? any suggestions......

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have an M1A Socom 16. It has been a good gun but I was suspicious of cheap parts so I sent it back to Fulton Armory for an inspection. The gas system was out of spec and needed to be replaced, the extractor was cut wrong and needed to be replaced, and the chamber needed to be polished. It has been very reliable so far but since I got into the 6.8 I hardly ever shoot it. It's a good gun but with LWRC making a gas piston .308 AR this year (still a few months out for release) I think I would wait for one. They are most likely going to be around $2500.00 or more :cry:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had an M1A loaded. it was fantastic, 5 rounds 100yd covered with a nickle. never had a weapon shoot so well. had to sell it needed the money, never lost a dime on it. no miss feeds, loved all types of ammo. but now I am back to my first love, AR 15 with the proper round 6.8 you have to love our special forces going the extra mile and haveing this round developed for them so they can have more 1 shot kills at longer ranges and less weight than an M1A. love that black gun

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, i love my 6.8 too. those sf guys...are great. i wish the ammo would come down. out of the blue i have gotten the means and PERMISSION from HOUSEHOLD 6 to get my rifle i have wanted since umm,...birth . cant wait...

·
Registered
441 Posts
For M1 / M14's Fulton Armory is the only place I would trust that has a big name. They are only about 2.0 hrs from where I live. Not really setup for retail. If your polite they will usually give you a tour.

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts