6.8 SPC Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
There's definately a market around here if they perform.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am intrigued to see how long his supplies last. My understanding is that three of his four listings are using discontinued projectiles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys, just wanted to chime in. The Gold Dots and V-Max I am still able to get OEM from the factory(When they have them and that isn't very often lately. The Controlled Chaos, they changed the design of the bullets so I couldn't pass them up as they were on clearance. As soon as I am out of them, I will load the replacement bullet they came out with if people would like. The Sierra Pro Hunters I got from Sierra and I have 20k on the shelf and they will make another run of them if I am willing to pay for the quantity required. I have 100 Grain Accubonds that I am trying to get around to working up loads for as time permits. Components all around are difficult to acquire if not impossible hence the use of large primer Remington brass. If things do not change and I don't see them doing so anytime soon, I may be loading sticks up to shoot as projectiles but who can find primers?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ordered 2 boxes of Gold Dots, thanks to this thread :D
They are packaged and waiting for UPS. Thanks for the order!! Let me know how you like them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey guys, just wanted to chime in. The Gold Dots and V-Max I am still able to get OEM from the factory(When they have them and that isn't very often lately. The Controlled Chaos, they changed the design of the bullets so I couldn't pass them up as they were on clearance. As soon as I am out of them, I will load the replacement bullet they came out with if people would like. The Sierra Pro Hunters I got from Sierra and I have 20k on the shelf and they will make another run of them if I am willing to pay for the quantity required. I have 100 Grain Accubonds that I am trying to get around to working up loads for as time permits. Components all around are difficult to acquire if not impossible hence the use of large primer Remington brass. If things do not change and I don't see them doing so anytime soon, I may be loading sticks up to shoot as projectiles but who can find primers?
You are awesome, sir! Mine came in yesterday, and they look good. Now I just need to find the time to get out and try them!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks so much guys. Let me know what you think of them. They should do great for you and I appreciate your support.

Reactions: harles

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, I finally found a few minutes to go out and try them with my brother. All three loads ran great through my Ruger Mini. Planning on using the 110gr load for the mule deer hunt next week.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well, I finally found a few minutes to go out and try them with my brother. All three loads ran great through my Ruger Mini. Planning on using the 110gr load for the mule deer hunt next week.
I don't see it here, but did you have your Mini 6.8 chamber reamed to SPC II? If I recall, the Druid ammo is set up for the SPC II / ARP chamber. What type of groups are you getting in your Mini 6.8 with the Druid Rounds? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
No, I am still running the original chamber, since I missed the reamer pass around. It appears that my chamber may be on the loose side of the tolerances, as I did not have excessive pressure signs. I don't intend to use them in the heat of summer, in any case.
As far as accuracy, all four five shot strings went in around 2" to 3". The 110gr load grouped the best, at just shy of two inches, while the gold dots opened up the most at just over three.

·
Registered
185 Posts
No, I am still running the original chamber, since I missed the reamer pass around. It appears that my chamber may be on the loose side of the tolerances, as I did not have excessive pressure signs. I don't intend to use them in the heat of summer, in any case.
As far as accuracy, all four five shot strings went in around 2" to 3". The 110gr load grouped the best, at just shy of two inches, while the gold dots opened up the most at just over three.
I'd like to get mine reamed to the ARP or new Wilson chambers, but I have no idea who would have a pull through reamer, or who could do it for me. I guess I am a little surprised you didn't have a better grouping with those rounds. Did you use open sites, red dot or a scope?

·
Registered
185 Posts
We put a cheap scope on my sons Mini 68, it did not last very long. Went from MOA to all over the place and couldn't hold a zero. It's not the rifle. I'm going to mount the Blackhound 4-14X44 scope I just bought when I get back home at the end of the month. I'm hoping for a nice group. I'm hoping to try the Druid Hill Armory ammo soon. I want to test out the XM68GD I just picked up first.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I went through 3 cheap scopes back in the day on my 5.56 Mini 14. That Garand action puts a lot of stress on optics. A little more recoil on the 6.8 will mean a little more stress. Missed the boat on a 6.8 Mini, still looking for 1 for a truck gun.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts