6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been shooting my 6.8 with my Saker 7.62 and I love it. I've installed an adj gas block and have it turned down but was wondering if there is anything else I can do to keep from getting gas in the face. It's not a deal breaker and I don't know how I went so long not shooting suppressed but if there's something else I can do I would like to. Thanks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much does that help? I just recently bought a Gunfighter charging handle not knowing I would need a gas buster.

·
Super Moderator
5,981 Posts
I've never used it with my suppressor. Some guys drill them and use silicone as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
990 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've done this to my gunfighters and it helped. Next is the RTV, and if I ever get back to the shop I' m going to make some gas ports for the forward assist

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I have a 12.5" 6.8 mounting a 7,62 Saker. Has a Bravo Company CH. Before I changed from a DI to piston I really had not problems with gas. Same is true of the 16" 6.8 that mounts an SAS 308 Arbiter can and the Bravo Company CH. Haven't noticed enough gas to worry about with it either.

Have several 5.56 rifles with barrels from 11.5" to 20" that I changed to Bravo Company CHs and that change pretty much eliminated the gas blowby problem with KAC QDSS-NT4, 5.56 Saker, and 30 cal cans.

Could be that I'm just not that sensitive to gas but I did on a Tavor and on an FS2000. A new left side ejection port cover cured the Tavor, but have not found a cure for the FS2000.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
I run a PRI gas buster on my rig and helped with gas face alot.

The 100% effective way is to shot a bolt gun. LOL

·
Banned
344 Posts
Another thought

Have been shooting my 6.8 with my Saker 7.62 and I love it. I've installed an adj gas block and have it turned down but was wondering if there is anything else I can do to keep from getting gas in the face. It's not a deal breaker and I don't know how I went so long not shooting suppressed but if there's something else I can do I would like to. Thanks.

Have you you ever thought about using a side charging upper receiver going forward? I'm using one and getting no gas face. I bought a new frontier armory side charger and love it. It's a billet upper and comes with the handle on the left side. Its non reciprocating and doesn't have a ejection port cover, and the side handle can work as the forward assist if you are a hunter and don't like slamming your bolts home on uppers without the assist. It's $225 but you don't need to buy a charging handle. And it uses a regular bolt. They give you the 1 part you replace the cam pin. I'm going to build more of these type of uppers myself. I like their lowers to for that matter. They use threaded holes instead of push pins if you build your own. I use the adjustable gas block also. And it's a thing of beauty. And they just look real nice also I think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts