6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guess I'm intrigued with the 10 like I am with the 68
Again a gun show deal I couldn't stay away from, I walked away several times but it kept calling me.
G40 G20.jpg

·
Registered
71 Posts
Maybe it is just my narrowed vision but it seems like lots of people that love the 6.8 also love the 10mm. That being said I now have more 6.8's than 10mm's so I better get working on that soon.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yup, include me too. Picked up a Colt Delta Elite enhanced some years back when they came out. Put a Nowlin drop in trigger kit in it then had a set of Bomar sights installed. So how many .41 mag fans do we have?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Yep, me too. G20 and have been browsing all the current models available for something else.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
The one time I had money, the 6" 10mm was a must for me, so I wisely did up grades to existing ARs to keep from blowing more money on other ones and over researched every thing and went with the AR of pistols the Glock in the way of the G40. The RIA 52000 PRO Match Ultra 6” HC - 10mm was no where to seen at the time. It was a good practical decision to get the G40 as I kept putting off for years on getting a 10mm and I got a decent model for hunting and 4 legged problem critters.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For one that never really liked the Glock and never owned a 10mm :a21: and after a few hundred rounds they have kind of grown on me. The 40 with a red dot is getting 2" group at 30 yards,, probably better if I do my part.
Still having guessing problems with reloading for them,, unlisted speeds with one
powder and more pressure bulge with another popular powder at mid to higher load data,, still working on it.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
There are other after market barrels one can get.

Storm Lake seems to be the front runner.

I got Lone Wolfs and Alpha Wolfs my self. One in a 40 S&W conversion for cheaper shooting practice. I also got some 22 LB Recoil spring assembly for it, Gen 3 with an adatpor ring and a recoil reduction system (3 spring system) for heavier loads. I got them when had money for future use and also for my 200 grain double taps currently. I'll see how they like my medium warm 180 nosler HP and Fiocchi 10mm Auto 180 Grain JHPs.

Some report lone wolf and alpha would barrels have some problems with the fatter JHPs and narrower ramp some say is the cause. But I'm not qualified to say any thing about that. But I did have problems with Hornady XTP bullets in my Alpha Wolf barrel causing failure to feed issues but that might be the melonting needs polishing or some thing. I never tried them with my stainless uncoated lonewolf barrels.

Yeah I barrels over the years instead of getting 10mm reloading gear.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Has anyone come out with a 10 mm at pistol, or anyone that makes parts for them . That could be one heck of a defensive rifle/outdoors rifle.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
A shorter length package like in a pistol and that thing would be sweet. Pretty good price as well of it runs well

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
10mm is an awesome round. I have a Les Bear Hunter Longslide. I hunt with Lehigh Defense 150 g extreme hunter loaded over power pistol.
I use 5 Redding dies for this caliber. I have a die to take care of the lower case bulges, full length titanium sizing die, case mouth expander, seater and I taper crimp in a separate step. I use a LE Wilson pistol max gage to check every round.

Just new to the 6.8 I haven’t worked up anything for it yet. The 120g SST’s shoot sub MOA out of my rifle. That’s as far as I’ve gotten so far.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
10mm is an awesome round. I have a Les Bear Hunter Longslide. I hunt with Lehigh Defense 150 g extreme hunter loaded over power pistol.
I use 5 Redding dies for this caliber. I have a die to take care of the lower case bulges, full length titanium sizing die, case mouth expander, seater and I taper crimp in a separate step. I use a LE Wilson pistol max gage to check every round.

Just new to the 6.8 I haven’t worked up anything for it yet. The 120g SST’s shoot sub MOA out of my rifle. That’s as far as I’ve gotten so far.
What velocity are you getting from the "Lehigh", hunting results? Case bulges in 10mm loadings can be a quirk of not fully supported chambers of some 1911's and stock Glock barrels, or maybe they're telling you something you might want to pay attention to....... pictures when you can

·
Registered
36 Posts
I’m not sure of the velocities. I just copied an Underwood load after pulling down a few rounds. The bulges are not really noticeable to me. Not like a smiley face or unsupported case. The only way I can tell is that they don’t fit into my Wilson pistol max gage. I’m using nickel plated Starline brass. I called Redding and asked why the full sizing die didn’t work and they told me about the push through die. I bought it and it worked. My first 10mm was a SA and then I bought this long slide Les Baer. The bulges were only in the SA not the Les Baer.
There aren’t any signs of over pressure at all in either pistol.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I’m not sure of the velocities. I just copied an Underwood load after pulling down a few rounds. The bulges are not really noticeable to me. Not like a smiley face or unsupported case. The only way I can tell is that they don’t fit into my Wilson pistol max gage. I’m using nickel plated Starline brass. I called Redding and asked why the full sizing die didn’t work and they told me about the push through die. I bought it and it worked. My first 10mm was a SA and then I bought this long slide Les Baer. The bulges were only in the SA not the Les Baer.
There aren’t any signs of over pressure at all in either pistol.
Where did you purchase the bullet/only? tks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I picked up a G 20 the other day at a great price. My first Glock! I really like this gun. It eats anything I put in it every time so far.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts