6.8 SPC Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
After seeing this post , I couldn't get this project out of my thoughts.. Why didnt I think of this earlier.. So today I stopped at the local gun shop to see if he could order in a MVP ,in 224 . My project 6.8 is under way .
I don't know about the MVP, but the Savage .224 V that I started with was a great base to start with. I'm not sure, but the MVP might have the same size and thread pitch as the Savage. If that's the case, if you could get your hands on one of H's barrels, you would be in great shape. You might do some research on that and it would save you some money and be guaranteed a good shooter. My Savage with ARP barrel is shooting 1/2 MOA with Hornady 120 SST.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was thinking mvp , have ar mags for 6.8 that could do double duty . Savage may be an alternate if no MVP is available .

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
I don't know about the MVP, but the Savage .224 V that I started with was a great base to start with. I'm not sure, but the MVP might have the same size and thread pitch as the Savage. If that's the case, if you could get your hands on one of H's barrels, you would be in great shape. You might do some research on that and it would save you some money and be guaranteed a good shooter. My Savage with ARP barrel is shooting 1/2 MOA with Hornady 120 SST.
Mvp predator is 875″ x 28 tpi thread

I believe the small shank is

1.055″ x 20tpi threads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I was thinking mvp , have ar mags for 6.8 that could do double duty . Savage may be an alternate if no MVP is available .
That’s why I went mvp instead of savage.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This has got me interested for sure. So whose barrel is available for Mossberg?
There maybe others but I ordered from Columbia River arms. They make a “prefit”. But they are not fast. Normal order are 8-12 weeks, I order a 6.8 bull barrel before. I ordered this barrel back in mid March. With everything going not sure if that is why. Or if it’s a not popular order. it’s going on 7months. But according to them it will ship out soon.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts