6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my mossberg mvp in 224 valkeryie. Need to try it apart and get a barrel ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,796 Posts
That girl's kinda purdy when nekkid like 'dat.

·
Registered
13,928 Posts
Nice rifle. They could have released it in 6.8 years ago and probably sold more in 6.8 than Valkyrie.

Reactions: Devil Phish

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice rifle. They could have released it in 6.8 years ago and probably sold more in 6.8 than Valkyrie.
It would have been great if they would. The mag that comes with it , the follower is stamp 6.8. I giggled a little when I saw that. That’s why I went head and bought the rifle just in case they stop making it for the Valkyrie

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Couldn’t the exiting. Steel just be rebored to 6.8 SPC II?
You would need to rebore and re-rifle it. But I would guess it would cost 200 or 300 to get it done by a professional. Doing something like that Myself wouldn’t have the patience or equipment to do. So for $350 for a new barrel that’s better fit for me.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Guessing Valkyrie is going to have same issue as 22 Nosler with throat life. Own a lot of over bore 224 rifles (22-250, 22-250 AI, 220 Swift, 22 Nosler & 22 CHeetah) and am already looking at 22 Grendel as a bolt rifle as after building a pair of 6.5 Grendel ARs could not tolerate bolt breakage unless used the JP High Pressure Bolt with completion group. I can tolerate known throat erosion in my 22 Noslers but bolts coming unglued just chap my rear end. Imagine the Gremdel in a bolt gun will have more bore life than my CHeetahs but will still require a regular rebarrel.

Since I jumped on the Nosler bandwagon quickly and deeply had no desire to add a Valkyrie in the mix but that Moss berg is calling my name. Scope it up, shoot the throat out just to see how long it lasts then rebarrel in 6.8 and be done. Don't like putting wear and risking cosmetic damage on my Ruger Hawkeys or Remington Police Tactical 6.8 turn bolts but could rebarrel the Mossberg with a single point cut rifled premium tube and have a super nice 6.8 with only shooter value not col,ec r or value.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got done duracoating the receiver, bolt, nut, and lug. Just waiting on the barrel.

·
Super Moderator
21,796 Posts
Just got done duracoating the receiver, bolt, nut, and lug. Just waiting on the barrel.

Good lookin' gear, nicely done finish.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Where did you order your barrel for the Mossberg?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No columbia River arms, they prefit mossberg.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How's the 6.8 mvp project coming along ... really interested in this rifle . Please do a full info report .
Its going just waiting on the barrel. Going on 7 months since ordered it. Once it gets here I have everything ready and should go together easy.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
A while back, ARP had some 6.8 barrels for conversion. might email H to check.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A while back, ARP had some 6.8 barrels for conversion. might email H to check.
I know he had savage but I didn’t see anything for mossburg. I just got an email saying my barrel is in the next shipment out.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That's definitely something I would be interested in! Please keep us posted on the progress.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Who is H ? Does he make barrles or a gunsmith ??
You must not be from around here.....lol. "H" is Harrison, owner of ARP (AR15 Performance). He makes barrels and various other components and is a sponsor of this forum.

·
Registered
33 Posts
After seeing this post , I couldn't get this project out of my thoughts.. Why didnt I think of this earlier.. So today I stopped at the local gun shop to see if he could order in a MVP ,in 224 . My project 6.8 is under way .

1 - 20 of 37 Posts