6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can get Friends or Family pricing for the Lucid walnut stock, pistol grip and handguard. I don't care about making one cent, but the walnut feels so good on a AR 15 or AR 308. I need to have 5 people signed up to get the good pricing.
http://woodforar.com/wood-grades/standard-grade-aa-walnut/aa-walnut-rifle/

Also I will be getting a maple set, not super fancy but will still be nice on a AR, let me know if that is what you might like too. The company doesn't have them in production, but I think they will be popular.

Top photo is my 18 inch fluted barreled AR 308, no walnut handguard. Other photos are my AR15 6.8 SPC, I made the handguard free floating. They come ready for Delta rings.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I put the Presentation Grade walnut back on the 6.8 SPC and put the new AA Grade on the AR 308 with 18" JT 5R barrel. The AA grade is what comes for $200 for the Friends or Family pricing.

I got the rifle set this time, comes with a triangular split handguard, that would work on a AR15 using a delta ring. My previous set was a carbine handguard so I could put it free floating.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
that's some good looking wood, really nice subtle flame. i like it. wonder if they'd make a monte carlo cheek piece, closer exam looks like they made a more modern monte

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They did a long time ago, it didn't sell. The feel against my cheek from that walnut just brings a huge smile EVERY TIME I shoot it.

Monte Carlo stocks are more for angled bolt action stocks.

Boyd makes AR stocks too, I just don't like the shape of their stocks.

I have actually ordered a Delta Ring, maybe use it on my 204 Ruger. Also sometime soon (I hope) they will make me a maple AR stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts