6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I submitted a couple form 1s back in April for a 223 suppressor and a 308 suppressor. Got notifacation back on the 223 today and it was disapproved.

Applcant must be trust name, check spelling. $200 refund is in process and will be credited within 30 days.

Due to high volume of NFA submissions, disapproved eform submissions will not be accomidated with an expedited reveiw. All applicants will need to resubmit their application and start their wait time from the beginning. All applications received on or after July 13, 2016 will be required to comply with 41F regulations. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the NFA branch main line, (304) 616-4500.
Yep misspelled trust name, some how I swapped the location of R and U in the word trust. Not sure how that happened seeing as since the first submission in January (approved a while now) I've let the computer auto populate those boxes, and every other submission is correct.

Apparently now it can't be simply fixed, you've got to start over completely. It sucks because I really don't have the $200 to spare right now, and you know it'll be day 30 (or at least after the 7/13) before they actually give the money back.

So, as I was saying, double check your forms before submitting them.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You might get lucky with the refund. I had a form 1 that I goofed on back in January, luckily they let me fix it and email them the new # and they approved it within an hour. The refund was back in my account in less than 2 weeks.

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
That sux, you just made me go back into my F1's and check for accuracy. Everything looks to be in place, however my earliest one in process was submitted 3-25-16, since you had a response on your April F1 I may get mine back. Crossing my fingers.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'll go ahead and resubmit it this afternoon regardless, certainly not going to wait for the refund to clear. I thought I was done with this stuff for a while, so been spending on other things I wanted and needed. Not living pay check to pay check, it'll just put my account balance lower than I try to keep it. Just more incentive to work overtime when available for these next couple weeks.

More than anything I wanted to help anyone else avoid this. If you are submitting now to beat 41f you don't want to make any mistakes, you probably won't know about it in time to get resubmitted. I even went back and checked all of my submitted forms for errors, at least gives me a chance to fix or resubmit them before 7/13.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sux, you just made me go back into my F1's and check for accuracy. Everything looks to be in place, however my earliest one in process was submitted 3-25-16, since you had a response on your April F1 I may get mine back. Crossing my fingers.
I did the same after seeing the notification. This one was submitted on 4/8. I submitted another the same day, but heard nothing back about it yet.

My first was submitted on 1/15 and approved on 4/21, so slightly over three months. This one was submitted on 4/8 and disapproved on 6/18, slightly over two months. Don't know if it would have been approved today had I not made the mistake, or if it would have been another month or two for approval.

I know why it was disapproved, but it seems stupid to me that one letter being out of place got the whole thing rejected. It would have been such a simple fix to make. I understand that legally they probably can't alter what we put into the form, but still...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
If you're going to resubmit, I would send it to Ted Clutter and take the chance of it getting expedited.
Odds are that's not going to happen. It appears they've made a change in the process this week. Saw somebody on a local forum post this in the last couple days:

Honestly, I believed that when I emailed the old control number and new control number they would just approve my application. I've had it happen before and read of others having it happen. Well today I got a reply saying due to workload, they are not expediting resubmissions and my application would be processed in the order it was received. Talk about ****y!! apparently Ted Cluttter isn't with e ATF. Because I was emailing him each one of these times and same woman instrument examiner has replied each time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts