6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
You should try the fostech echo trigger when they come out they claim no hammer follow issues so you can't fire faster than the trigger. The echo costs a little more than the bfs, but franklin recommends that they install their trigger for you and with the cost of install they are about the same price.
The echo trigger can be put on "safe" when the hammer is forward , the only AR trigger system possible of doing that.
The echo trigger has a lighter trigger pull than the bfs also
I also find it interesting that franklin has not stopped selling their bfs or release drop in trigger even though they are being sued by Mossberg (fostech is paying Mossberg their royalties for the drop in echo trigger so they are not being sued)

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should try the fostech echo trigger when they come out they claim no hammer follow issues so you can't fire faster than the trigger. The echo costs a little more than the bfs, but franklin recommends that they install their trigger for you and with the cost of install they are about the same price.
The echo trigger can be put on "safe" when the hammer is forward , the only AR trigger system possible of doing that.
The echo trigger has a lighter trigger pull than the bfs also
I also find it interesting that franklin has not stopped selling their bfs or release drop in trigger even though they are being sued by Mossberg (fostech is paying Mossberg their royalties for the drop in echo trigger so they are not being sued)
I'd like to try that along with th 3g trigger run them all bck to back see how they will do.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
I'd like to try that along with th 3g trigger run them all bck to back see how they will do.
I've heard the 3g trigger is the best trigger feel, but for most rounds per second the dual function triggers beat it out---- I'd like to see what jerry m can do with an echo trigger as I saw he tried the bfs and like most others, he out-ran the hammer

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've heard the 3g trigger is the best trigger feel, but for most rounds per second the dual function triggers beat it out---- I'd like to see what jerry m can do with an echo trigger as I saw he tried the bfs and like most others, he out-ran the hammer
Yes it's very easy to outrun the hammer for even a average shooter. Think you will get the best results if you just think of it as a two shot burst, and use it as such.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Yes it's very easy to outrun the hammer for even a average shooter. Think you will get the best results if you just think of it as a two shot burst, and use it as such.
That is what it was designed for 2 shot bursts, not mag dumps.

Some guys are reporting that if they use light weight carriers/buffers and extra strength springs then it runs faster and its very hard to out run the hammer---- BUT as we all know when you keep the gas port size the same but run lightweight carriers/buffers and stronger springs---/ you are just over gassing your firearm ....all its doing is allowing the carrier to return to battery faster because its over gassed (not a good idea in my eyes)

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
There is another you tuber that dispelled outrunning this trigger system, and gave some real hard data on the matter. I side with him that it isn't the user out running the bolt, but more of the trigger system malfunctioning and not catching the hammer when ran fast. Especially when the FosTech Echo has shown reliable with the same concept.

Here is Michael Bell testing FA BFS
His final review and thoughts are on the third video @ 11:19

FosTech Echo

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
It is a timing/design issue. After a malfunction, open the lower and upper and the hammer will be in the fired position, meaning it failed to fire.

It may be overcome with different changes in buffer weight, spring weight, carrier weight, gas, etc. dunno. Personally I don't want the confusion of it shooting when I let off the trigger in case I have the safety in the wrong position, even though we're used to a certain operation.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
There is another you tuber that dispelled outrunning this trigger system, and gave some real hard data on the matter. I side with him that it isn't the user out running the bolt, but more of the trigger system malfunctioning and not catching the hammer when ran fast. Especially when the FosTech Echo has shown reliable with the same concept.

Here is Michael Bell testing FA BFS
His final review and thoughts are on the third video @ 11:19

FosTech Echo
Makes sense that it has to do with the b.u.d (Back up disconnecter) ....the trigger was designed and sent to atf for approval, atf said they had to add a b.u.d for safety reasons to prevent full auto fire from sear wear---- so the bud was a secondary thought to get it through the atf....also as far as I know, the bfs is still pending atf approval but f.a. is selling it anyway.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
anyone seen the Echo trigger out in the light of day yet? a guy on another forum claimed that Fostech took the remaining amount on his CC and he received tracking info--- that was 10 days ago and he has not posted back that he has actually received it yet.

since their initial "deposit" period, Fostech has added that you now need a special FA carrier to make the Echo trigger work correctly (it looks like any other FA carrier BUT it has a slight chamfer to the bottom rear profile --- they claim this is again due to the ATF wanting to make sure that their carrier will not work with a real FA sear, and vice-a-versa that their Echo trigger will not go full auto with a standard FA carrier

Fostech is now including the special carrier with their Echo trigger for the same price as before--- in an e-mail they responded that you will be able to buy extra "Fostech carriers" for your other uppers so that you could use 1 lower with the echo trigger with multiple uppers with out having to switch carriers--- no price point on the special carriers though

They also claim that they will have a 308, 9mm, and 22LR carrier available in the future and they are working on an Echo trigger for the AK platform

I'd like to see what the general public has to say after they test them rather than "hand picked" gun mag editors getting to run "special" Fostech guns previously tested --- want to see what problems arise when lots of variables are added to the mix

1 - 10 of 10 Posts