6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started my first build and thought this might be a good place for me since I am building a 6.8 AR.
I am from Fort Mill, SC and I love anything shooting of course, farming, fishing, well you get the picture. I plan to use this build to hunt deer and hogs. I am starting with a Stag lower and have it all put together. Now all I need is the barrel assembly and mags and ammo. I work for a living so it will take a couple months before I finish.

I was in the Marines during the VN so called conflict and made it back without to many scratches and bruses. Now I am a tile setter with bad knees and back.

Johnny

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Welcome aboard Johnny. Hope we can help you out with anything you need.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Johnny..Welcome Aboard.

If you need ammo for deer and hogs the SSA 110g Sierra Pro Hunter has proven to be an excellent, accurate round.

Recently we had the opportunity to buy this ammo for as little as $10.81 a box as outlined in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1978&p=7438#p7438

However the price has since increased and the shipping has gone up however if you follow the steps in the link above you can still buy up to 12 boxes for $14.30 per box delivered to your door.

Thats a savings of about $5.00 - $6.00 a box from normal channels.

If you have any questions...give me a shout.

Hope it helps.

BTW..what years were you in country?

Kerry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up on ammo. I have this thing about ammo. The more I have the happier I become. 71-72 was my lucky year to be hunting over in VN.

Johnny

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Three WestPacs here...

Arrived in late 68 right after Tet and left in June of 72.

Kerry

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Welcome! Sorry to hear about the knees and back.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thank you for your service Marine. My father-in-law was in that so called conflict and I know most of you didn't get the thanks you deserve.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Semper Fi brother. Here you can feel free to be a Lima Lima Mike Foxtrot. We all are a bit. As is the 6.8.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just as a side note....I've seen LTR's and PSS's in 6.8 for sale.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Please let us know if when we can help. I think you'll find an especially friendly bunch here. Might I also suggest brining along a few friends from "other famous sites " if you happened to have surfed those, too? : )

6.8 is really beginning to pick up steam. There is alot ahead of it for the better.

Welcome aboard and thank you for your service!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts