6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at building a short barrel shotgun and wondering if anyone has done a form one since the laws changed and e forms are no available. As I understand it, if I want to file the form 1 under my trust then I have to get everyone on it to submit photos and fingerprints? The way it is worded says responsible persons so does that mean beneficiaries or just the Trustee. I hate to just do it as an individual because that would make it a hassle if anything happened to me and there would have to be more tax stamps etc or worse yet my stuff would be confiscated by the govt?

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
Only slightly off-topic. You may not have to go the stamp route for this puppy. I do not remember the make/model, but, as I recall, it is sold as a pistol length with pistol grip. M'be someone else can sound off with the make/model... or, you can contact Scott to inquire. And, his sling is top shelf gear too.

http://www.sktindustries.com/catalog/doc1.pdf

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I am looking at building a short barrel shotgun and wondering if anyone has done a form one since the laws changed and e forms are no available. As I understand it, if I want to file the form 1 under my trust then I have to get everyone on it to submit photos and fingerprints? The way it is worded says responsible persons so does that mean beneficiaries or just the Trustee. I hate to just do it as an individual because that would make it a hassle if anything happened to me and there would have to be more tax stamps etc or worse yet my stuff would be confiscated by the govt?
May have to start a new trust and get the Form 1 approved. Beneficiaries can then be added to the trust with no finger prints.

·
Super Moderator
11,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may just go with the SB Tactical 870 Tac 14 brace kit and not worry about the stamp at all.

·
Registered
374 Posts
FYI:
ou personally own a NFA firearm, like a silencer or a short barrel rifle (SBR), without a trust, then it must be transferred after your death. Currently a transfer upon death requires ATF Form 5320.5 (‘Form 5’). There is no tax payment required for a Form 5 transfer; however, the Form 5 paperwork is time-consuming.

·
Super Moderator
11,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI:
ou personally own a NFA firearm, like a silencer or a short barrel rifle (SBR), without a trust, then it must be transferred after your death. Currently a transfer upon death requires ATF Form 5320.5 (‘Form 5’). There is no tax payment required for a Form 5 transfer; however, the Form 5 paperwork is time-consuming.
Thanks. Good to know.

·
Super Moderator
11,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Decided on a Mesa Tactical stock adapter, Hogue overmolded pistol grip and SB Tactical SOB brace. I already installed the Hogue fore end. I wasn't too fond of the Magpul that came on it. I'll post some pics when everything comes together.

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
That is pretty slick. I wonder if you can hit anything with it. Probably has a pretty good spread with that short of a barrel though.
For close quarters... I'd feel well heeled. :a01:

·
Super Moderator
11,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
Sweetness, right there. Love me a good scatter gun.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Woody

Definition of "responsible parties" is "anyone who can direct the management and policies of the trust "

So if you have multiple "grantors, controllers, trustees, partners, officers, board members, etc" such as wife, siblings, parents, friends etc then 1 of 2 things must happen: either all of the "controllers" must get printed/bg checked, OR you must modify your trust to remove those people before applying --- there is nothing that says those people can't be added back at a later date though. A trust can be modified or changed at any time (if can be done so legally) the way the trust doc is presented to the atf at the time of application is the way the "responsible parties" are determined...it can not be changed while waiting for or under review by the atf (wait period) , but can be changed at a later date with out notification to the atf.

Technically, the beneficiaries are not "responsible parties" of the trust items until after your death unless specified differently.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Here is a screen shot of part of the atf form describing who is a responsible party.
Look under definition #4

The beneficiaries are exempt from fp IF they are not controllers

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
And here is a screenshot from the atf website "questions" section regarding "changing the trust" at a later date

·
Super Moderator
11,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, it seems pretty simple really. I may still do a stamp on this thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts