6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question for anyone that has a similar build

I built 2 form 1 Ti suppressors awhile back and can't get a straight answer from the tube manufacture (understandable due to what the ATF has done to him)

I have an 8.5" and a 10.5" (OAL) SDTA Ti "D" tube and end caps-- each has about a 3" blast chamber (SS tubing spacer) and then each has 3 SS F.P. baffles then the rest are regular steel FP's-- both are 30 cal

anyone have an idea what these would be rated for shooting? could they be safely used on a 24" 300wm? 7 rem mag? 22" 30-06? 300wsm? 16" 308W? how short for 6.8spc? how short for 223? how short for 300bo?

anyone have any idea what SDTA used the "rate" them for? before the ATF stopped them from selling "parts"?

·
Registered
260 Posts
You might have better luck with your questions over on http://form1suppressor.boards.net/

Quite a few over there with a ton of knowledge. I should warn you.... you’ll be tempted to recore those tubes after spending some time over there. 😉

I have two similar size f1 cans, but they use 60deg cones instead of FPs.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't really want to join another forum for just 1 question--- I'm pretty set with what I have as a "re-core" isnt really legal and I'd rather not spend the cash, mine work fine for what I do with them.

Anyway you could ask over there for me? I'm sure someone knows, just not sure who to ask.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Didn't really want to join another forum for just 1 question--- I'm pretty set with what I have as a "re-core" isnt really legal and I'd rather not spend the cash, mine work fine for what I do with them.

Anyway you could ask over there for me? I'm sure someone knows, just not sure who to ask.
You bet, I’ll paste your question over there. The recore is legal if it’s done by an ffl with 07/02. Rusty is the fella over there that does the recores, amongst other things. F1 can internals have come a long way since freeze plugs.

I’ll pm you the results.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rusty just announced his retirement but I believe you are GTG on those cans for virtually any combination short of full auto. Most of the heavy duty cans use SS for the first few baffles then Ti for everything else. You also have a large blast chamber.

If rusty says otherwise, post back here for the rest of us.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts