6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
SnakeLogan said:
Did it yaw?
It actually performed liek the 115 Gr. Enhanced SMK. It fragmented all the way down to 2100fps. I got this info from DocGKR, so he may be able to help you out with more info.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
SnakeLogan said:
I'm wondering how good ole' fashioned Remington 115 gr FMJ does in gel. I want a round that will penetrate deep with full weight retention. Something like the 7.62x39 wound profile would be ideal.
I can't say for sure, but I bet the Remington 115 Gr. FMJ performs exactly like the 7.62x39 round and stays in tact.

·
Registered
441 Posts
You just can't say as it has to do with jacket thickness and shape of the bullets vel etc. The 6.8 is going a significantly amount faster in th vel department then the 30 carbine. The way it works is if the frag vel is not reached all FMJS tend to look the same but if the frag vel is reached then you have a huge jump in th damage path. As then you have the fragment putting with a temporary stretch cavity at its max which causes a synergistic effect. Its a ice pick vs a buzz saw. If they made FMJ jacket like the SMK enhanced OTM jacket is for SSA then you would have a bullet that frag'd.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.