6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend I traveled down to the panhandle area and hunted in the Palo Duro Canyon Area. We hunted two nights, the weather threw the first night off and the second night wasn't productive at all. My buddy borrowed one of my 6.8s and he and I shot the pig in the picture. Hopefully I will get to head back down there soon and will have more success. If I do I am going to have to find a better way than a green light on top of the scope.

The thing that surprised me the most is how nose sensitive they are. Pretty sure we have one more convert to the 6.8 as a result of the trip, we shot this bore at about 60 yards, he took 2 95gr TTSX pills and was DRT. Should have some boar brats heading our way in a few weeks!

·
Registered
798 Posts
"The thing that surprised me the most is how nose sensitive they are."

Feral hogs have poor eyesight but their sense of smell and their hearing are very good.
Nice hog and nice rifle. Kudos.

·
Registered
348 Posts
That's a pretty good sized hog. Were you with an outfitter or out on your own?

If if you aren't going to jump up to thermal or night vision than a light is your best option. I don't like normal lights above the scope, I prefer them slightly forward of the scope on the rail.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We were with an outfitter. I am afraid that thermal may be somewhere in my future, better start saving my pennies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
22,081 Posts
Nicely done !!! Great lookin' hog there. Congrats! And... on converting another lost soul to the fold. :a21:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts