6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this guy the other night with the REM 700 in .308. I have the ATN 4K 5-20 on my 16" 6.8 rig and decided to put one on the REM. Shot was at night in about a direct 25 MPH cross wind from right to left at 320 yards. Guessed the drift and fired at his right rump with a 165 Grn Fusion and center punched his right shoulder. Hog went straight down, no movement at all other than vertical. I had guessed the round would hit him center or maybe just a tad further forward but ended up being a perfect, lucky shot. I went out the next morning to drag him off and was quite surprised at both the location of the hit, and
the clean exit at that distance, especially considering the impact point. The video came out great but I have yet to try and upload any of those yet.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got this guy the other night with the REM 700 in .308. I have the ATN 4K 5-20 on my 16" 6.8 rig and decided to put one on the REM. Shot was at night in about a direct 25 MPH cross wind from right to left at 320 yards. Guessed the drift and fired at his right rump with a 165 Grn Fusion and center punched his right shoulder. Hog went straight down, no movement at all other than vertical. I had guessed the round would hit him center or maybe just a tad further forward but ended up being a perfect, lucky shot. I went out the next morning to drag him off and was quite surprised at both the location of the hit, and View attachment 71164 View attachment 71165 View attachment 71166 the clean exit at that distance, especially considering the impact point. The video came out great but I have yet to try and upload any of those yet.
OOPS! meant left to right crosswind.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Nice kill at that distance and wind!

Reactions: earlytom
1 - 5 of 5 Posts