6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot a doe yesterday evening at about 150 yards. I’m using the s&b 110 grain pts ammo for hunting. 18” arp barrel. She dropped immediately when hit in the heart. Had about a 1” hole entry side in the ribs and about 1.75” exit. Definitely impressed. Not much blood on the ground but she flipped over and was laying on the entry wound.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My son shot a buck last week with the same ammo and same barrel.
He hit a leg bone going in which which sent busted bone and bullet into the heart zone. He piled up about 20’ away.

I’m happy with the performance, just wish I had bought more when it was readily available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My son shot a buck last week with the same ammo and same barrel.
He hit a leg bone going in which which sent busted bone and bullet into the heart zone. He piled up about 20’ away.

I’m happy with the performance, just wish I had bought more when it was readily available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats, nice looking buck . There was talk about the ptsp possibly becoming a reloading component not long ago but haven't heard anything lately .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve got 2 tags left, hopefully I can fill them with the 6.8. At least one tag anyway. I usually bring my Swiss k31 as a back up. I really want to bag a deer with iron sights and the 174 grain soft point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts