6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I finally got the call from my local gun shop......suppressor paper work is back and approved! Almost a full year to turn around. I signed everything on 6/8/2018. Returned approved on 5/21/2019. Crazy to me....

This is my first suppressor and I can't wait to get it on one of my 6.8's and start chasing some hogs over the summer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Which suppressor?

I got an M2000 in 6.8 several years ago and am glad I did - I use it on all my 556 and 6.8.

Those damn QD muzzle devices at $100 a pop get pricey tho...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
Congratulations! I got mine after 10 months of waiting and just ordered another as they are addictive.

Which suppressor?

I got an M2000 in 6.8 several years ago and am glad I did - I use it on all my 556 and 6.8.

I avoided the QD muzzle devices by going with the direct thread. A little slower to swap from gun to gun but have managed to pull off a .77 inch 5 shot group at 200 yards with it. Catching a lot of high winds right now so haven't had a chance to try and repeat it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which suppressor?

I went with an OSS Elite 762. It's a direct thread so not a quick as QD but I think I'll be fine with it. I've only used on my 308 bolt gun so far but the sound reduction was good and the recoil was noticeably reduced. I've got it set up to shoot on my 18" 6.8 after work tomorrow. If all goes well I'll be chasing hogs with it Saturday.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've been quite pleased with the ratcheting QD from AAC, but will be going direct thread on my suppressor builds in the future for simplicity.

I'd rather have several cans for each rifle than one can for several rifles! :D

But the theory is that larger bore diameters are actually helpful for sound suppression anyway, so people are using larger bores for 556 cans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts