6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after 10 months of waiting to include the 35 day partial govt shutdown I finally got the call that my suppressor was available for pick up. This is a DeadAir Sandman Ti (direct thread). The call came while I was out of state so I had to wait an additional week to get home and pick it up from the dealer about 145 miles away (I live in a very remote area). I picked it up on Tuesday March 26, shot it on the way home and then was able to take it out and try it some while adjusting the gas block on the 27th and was excited to hear the impact on steel out to 600 yards. Since then I have been out of state or prepping to go out of state and have not been able to play with it. To make it worse I am RETIRED so I don't have to deal with going to work. As someone posted in another thread these are addictive as I am preparing to order another suppressor for my12.5 pistol that can be pinned and turned into a one stamp Suppressed SBR.

The question is Titanium or Stainless suppressor for the 12.5 barreled 6.8?

The models I am looking at only have a couple of ounces of difference in weight. Durability is what I am looking for as the models are both rated for barrels 10.3 inch barrels.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Don’t think the barrel matters all that much.

Very happy with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
We are constantly changing suppressors to different rifles, so pinning one would be out. Regarding SS vs Titanium, it depends on what you’re usage will be for that gun. 12.5 inch makes me think you’re wanting lightweight and maneuverable, so Titanium would be my choice.

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you mean titanium or stainless suppressor?
Yes, this is what I mean. I will edit to show this.

We are constantly changing suppressors to different rifles, so pinning one would be out. Regarding SS vs Titanium, it depends on what you’re usage will be for that gun. 12.5 inch makes me think your wanting lightweight and maneuverable, so Titanium would be my choice.
This is the type of info that I need.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a DA SandmanTi, welded to my 12.5" ARP6.8, it sounds awesome, however do to the length of the Ti my OAL is out to about 18". I have an extra SiCo Omega, that I have thinking about replacing my DA Ti with, bases solely on the fact that it will be shorter. Otherwise the Ti, makes for an excellent setup.

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a DA SandmanTi, welded to my 12.5" ARP6.8, it sounds awesome, however do to the length of the Ti my OAL is out to about 18". I have an extra SiCo Omega, that I have thinking about replacing my DA Ti with, bases solely on the fact that it will be shorter. Otherwise the Ti, makes for an excellent setup.
This is really great info though the Sandman TI is only an inch longer than the stainless model I am looking at. So this won't make much difference in the length. I hadn't really considered welding a TI to the barrel. Is it welded all the way around or just "spot" welded? What kind of shop welded it, gun shop/smith or a welding shop?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
It may be just me but I wouldn't want to weld a suppressor to my short barreled rifle. If your suppressor takes a dump then you are left with an illegal SBR or a rifle that you can't use until you get a new can or pistol lower.

I only bought 3 cans and swap them between multiple hosts so pin/welding wasn't in my plans. I would just do the SBR route and swap cans whenever I wanted.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is really great info though the Sandman TI is only an inch longer than the stainless model I am looking at. So this won't make much difference in the length. I hadn't really considered welding a TI to the barrel. Is it welded all the way around or just "spot" welded? What kind of shop welded it, gun shop/smith or a welding shop?
I did the welding on this particular build(I do auto collision and have my own welder), I have three evenly spaced welds (NOT CIRCUMFERENCE WELDED) that fuse the base of the silencer to the shoulder of the barrel. Just check for proper barrel/silencer are properly aligned, and burn it on. I have two permanently attached silencers and have never had a problem cleaning the barrel/bore or baffle strikes.

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Put another one on order earlier this month and the tax check was cashed on the 24th. I will be ordering a pistol can and a rimfire can in August.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts